Samurai Shodown 2019. Hisame Shizumaru will be free September 16th.

I'd rather they used hand drawn 2-D graphics, but I'm happy it's back.
I wish SNK would give Arc System Works the green light to do one of their old 2-D fighters. Imagine the level of quality seen in Guilty Gear Xrd and DBFZ but as a remake of Mark of the Wolves or some shit. I'll take World Heroes with those graphics...

Free Season Pass if you preorder or pick up a copy before June 30th.

There's AI ghosts that will fight like you according to the trailer. You can challenge them and download other ghosts to fight against.

Last edited:
I'm wondering about the online in this game. SNK's netcode has been notoriously bad in the past, but from what I remember, KOF XIV wasn't THAT terrible (for me anyway).

Anyway, here's Kibagami Genjuro's trailer.

The ghost system sounds really cool. I'm enjoying the introduction videos.

I had the original SS on Neo Geo home system. That game and Art of Fighting were my shit. System came with two arcade sticks so it was perfect for fighting games.

I'm gonna buy this game but I'm sad that my main isn't in it. Wan-fu

SS_Wanfu.png

I had the original SS on Neo Geo home system. That game and Art of Fighting were my shit. System came with two arcade sticks so it was perfect for fighting games.

That shit was expensive, but the AES and MVS were the same.

Haohmaru trailer.

Yes! Finally a fighting game that isn't combo mashing

I remember liking the dude with the dog, cave girl, and the chick with the eagle.

PC release isn't until Q4 of 2019, unfortunately

Can't justify buying this game with all the friggen games I have piled up already.. but damn do I want it. Looks so good.

Apparently, SSVS on the PS4 just received an update that implemented rollback netcode. An SNK game with great netcode?! Maybe this one will have a chance?

Anyway, here's some gameplay with Darli Dagger, Hattori Hanzo, and Senryo Kyoshiro.

Back