Same day weigh ins

I'll ask the same question I always do.
What do you do when someone in the main event misses weight after the PPV has already started (and your customers have bought it) and suddenly you have no main event?

Yes the main event could still be cancelled on day before weigh ins, but your customers would have the chance to opt out of buying your PPV with the new main event whereas that option doesn't exist in the "weigh in just before the fight" idea.

Now theres a decent argument. I think about it and get back to you because you're right, that's a huge potential problem.

Fight day is owned by the fighters. It's their last time to mentally prepare themselves for their big fight. On fight day, everything is done. Training is finished. Promos are done. The interviewers are done. The weigh-in is done. Everything that could potentially offset the fight is behind you.

It's your time. Time where you get in the zone. Nothing could come and harm all you've worked for.

Come fight day, you don't mess with the fighters. You don't get to talk to them, you don't get to weight them. You don't get to do nothing.

GTFO with your same-day weigh ins.

Back