Sam Stout...

Pseudo Sane

Black Belt
Reaction score
So, his chin is basically gone now, yeah? This is what, 3 KO/TKO losses in 3 fights?

Damn shame.

I remember his trilogy with Spencer Fisher.

Hell of a rivalry.

Well, at least he will retire while he still has his sexiness.

Didn't get to see his fight yet, he did have a good chin. Hope he retires before taking anymore damage.

Didn't get to see his fight yet, he did have a good chin. Hope he retires before taking anymore damage.

He is at the point in his career where he is already likely at risk of ending up punch drunk.

He should probably avoid every getting into the ring again.

His last 3 fights have actually been the only times he has been knocked out. Who knows, he might end up being the next Arlovski, but at the very least he should take a step back and re-evaluate things.

The punch he was caught by would've dropped him if it came 5 years earlier. It doesn't really mean he's chinny, but he seems to have lost a step, or certainly some of the quickness he once had. Not something you can fix at that weight, especially at this stage of his career. I agree he should hang them up.

Any respectable organization should leave him to retirement. Not a good look to show you're not concerned with the prospective talent's health.

The punch he was caught by would've dropped him if it came 5 years earlier. It doesn't really mean he's chinny, but he seems to have lost a step, or certainly some of the quickness he once had. Not something you can fix at that weight, especially at this stage of his career. I agree he should hang them up.

Any respectable organization should leave him to retirement. Not a good look to show you're not concerned with the prospective talent's health.

I missed this particular fight, but Sam being knocked out 3 times in a row is more of a concern than how any individual KO occurred.

It is the same thing that happened to Liddell at the end of his career; yeah, none of his individual KOs looked that bad, but as a whole, it was obvious that something had changed.

I worry that something similar is happening to SS.

I missed this particular fight, but Sam being knocked out 3 times in a row is more of a concern than how any individual KO occurred.

It is the same thing that happened to Liddell at the end of his career; yeah, none of his individual KOs looked that bad, but as a whole, it was obvious that something had changed.

None of Chuck's KOs looked that bad? Dafuq???

The KO against Franklin was proof that Chuck's chin was gone.

Sam has been caught clean and out of position 3 times in a row, but those shots were flush. Your OP said his chin was gone. All I'm saying is that we don't really know, yet, but something is definitely gone and I think it's his movement and rreflexes.

However, I definitely don't want him sticking around to find out what else he has to lose.

Sam has always been a cool guy. Met him and he was nice, pretty deep voice which was surprising.

Anyway, watched him from his TKO days and felt he got thrown in the deep end of the pool a bit against Fisher as such a youngster. I don't think he ever amounted to what many expected. Maybe his growth was stunted by those early UFC bouts. But, regardless, he's had 21 UFC bouts and was in many epic battles. Not many humans can say that. Hope the guy leaves the game as a fighter.

None of Chuck's KOs looked that bad? Dafuq???

In that they all (except for Franklin, I suppose) looked like the kind of punches you would expect could put Liddell out.

Shogun launched himself into a full body left hook, Evans caught him with a right straight counter, etc.

His last 3 fights have actually been the only times he has been knocked out. Who knows, he might end up being the next Arlovski, but at the very least he should take a step back and re-evaluate things.

he has taken a lot of punishment over his career.

you don't need to be ko'd to suffer brain trauma.

I think its time to hang em up, dude just can't take heavy shots anymore. Always sucks to see a fighter who was known for having a good chin, go out and get KO'd in a few fights in a row.

Hes in his 30s and taken a fair amount of punishment. I wouldnt expect him to be as fast as he one was. He needs to work on defense and wrestling or hang it up. brawling is not good for your health. I didn't see this particular fight but he hasn't looked good the last few times ive seen him.

Tompkins death really sunk this camp but thank you sooo much Stout for giving us so many great fights you will always be one of my all time favorites

Stout has been done for about 2-3years, he just gets recycled by the UFC.

What's his best result in 3years? Beating Cody McKenzie?

Chins don't last forever unfortunately. He was a tough guy with a great chin before but he's taken too many shots now.

Maybe fighters realized he was a point fighter so they figured they would throw some heavy shots since he doesn't put anything behind his punches.

Stout has been done for about 2-3years, he just gets recycled by the UFC.

What's his best result in 3years? Beating Cody McKenzie?

True.

If they can both get sanctioned, Stout/Gray Maynard needs to be next. Both guys cam into the organization around the same time and could be billed as a true "L-L-T" bout. Hard to fathom that Stout is only 31, yet Erick Silva, who is the same age as Stout and turned professional in 2005 is still referred in some circles as a prospect. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I agree with this too. It was a big-time shot.

The punches that dropped him against Perez, Pearson and Noons were all on the button. Head movement and timing is so critical.

Back