Sam Alvey’s last stand (5 losing streak)

I like Sam. He's always been a corn ball but in his day he was finishing dudes left and right.

Kind of shows that if you are polite, don’t act like a total douche, and are respectful to your employer, staff, etc then you can be kept around for more than 3-losses.

Take note other fighters.

I enjoy seeing the smile knocked the fuck out of his face. His wife probably has private meetings with Dana to talk about his future and that's why they keep him there.
That stupid fucking smile and gay ass song he comes out to is the worst
<DisgustingHHH>

Alvey was fun to watch for like a few fights, but he's usually so fucking hesitant and boring. Did nearly beat Spann and Jung, so at least he has that to hold onto.

And fighters being given a lifeline despite losing streaks isn't reserved to women. Dan Hardy and Ross Pearson both got a fifth try after losing 4 in a row, as did Frank Mir. And Arlovski also stayed while on a 5-fight losing streak.

UFC plays favorites, shocking. Now, why they still are on the Eye business is beyond me (I mean, putting aside the potential funny stuff she might do for Dana and the brass).

You guys realize sam is a legitimate psycho right

Look at this face
20210726_123333.jpg

<{hfved}>

She’s 5-9 overall and is currently on a 3 skid and formerly 4 fight skid. And is still ranked top 10. How is that even possibly to lose your way into a top 10 world’s best fighter ranking?
well, to her defense, Tony was on a 3 fights losing skid, and was top 5 until Islam beat a top 14 (which allows him to somehow jump to #5) moving him to #6...

what I am trying to say is that ranking is an illusion, merely a marketing tool and people still try to look for any logic into it.
Heck, even the core point of this thread.

If Dana likes you, you can lose a lot more than others, and I suspect Dana like Smiley Alvey!

Imagine being triggered enough to instantly dislike another fan for having the audacity to like a jorneyman.

I had to look up this massive Jessica Eye losing streak you went on about and I see that it was actually only 4 in a row. She then took a year off and came back to win 3 straight so it looks like they were right to keep her.

Please though, since it happens so often, give us a few other examples.
Four in a row is quite a lot, she won two split decisions after that, and is on a 3 fight losing streak now so...

We see this from WMMA often where dudes like Jessica Eye can go on a massive losing streak and still be in the UFC but here’s Smilin Sam with his back against the proverbial wall in what could be a 6th straight loss and his walking papers.

Did you guys like Smiley Sam fights? I thought he had some action bangers but also had some stinkers against guys who could use footwork. Fun gate keeper I’m not mad at him still being here
This happens in MMA generally. Koschek, BJ, Lombard, Rashad, Gomi, are all people I can think of off the top that had like 5 fight losing streaks

some guy named Roman Kopylov

She’s 5-9 overall and is currently on a 3 skid and formerly 4 fight skid. And is still ranked top 10. How is that even possibly to lose your way into a top 10 world’s best fighter ranking?

At least Alvey has knocked dudes out senseless. But nevermind that, you’re probably a walking doormat to women thinking if you defend them hard enough that they’ll notice you or respect you. You got it backwards bud

125 is a dead division.

If you actually watched his fights you would know he got robbed vs Spann & had a draw vs Jung

Not only does Alvey lose, he loses in a very boring way and he doesn't seem to have improved one iota in at least 5 years yet his wife keeps being touted as this brilliant cornerwoman. I suspect she's the only reason he's still being kept on. Gotta score them wokeness points.

Either that or his one life skill is to not be noticed despite being awful at his job. I know people like that IRL and I think you all do as well.

Back