Social Salvation Army has gone woke, might go broke!

Compared to the guide on racism itself (which is linked in your sources), the National Review article seems biased and inaccurate.

so those who are suppose to help homeless ppl are gonna lecture some of them about their inherent privilege and racism?

you know you're dealing with a cult when there's complete lack of decency and self awareness.

I don’t care. My family throws our old clothes into a Salvation Army bin. If it contributes to solving systemic racism, that would make me very happy.

"Go woke, go broke" is mostly wishful thinking by conservative hacks anyway.
Pretty much all of the biggest companies in the Western world feign wokeness and progressivism.
I'm under no delusion to think they're actually interested in social progress, but it's at least a prefered marketing tool.

Remember folks. Don't donate to Salvation Army anymore at least until they change management. They're run by woke liberal CRT promoting trash who think whiteness is a disease. I recommend St. Jude's Hospital instead.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...heory-urges-members-to-confront-their-racism/

Tried to backpedal...failed miserably:

TS, do you have a source for the initial “Let’s Talk About Racism” guide? I found one Twitter screenshot of a section that is supposed to be about apologizing for being white, but says nothing of the sort.
Next, that National Review article mentions the accompanying study guide. They talk about how unconscious bias is an idea “shared” by Ibram X Kendi, and the article goes on this rant about Kendi—
—but the Salvation Army doesn’t mention or quote Kendi in that pamphlet, nor is Kendi listed in the Resources section. What the National Review does actually quote from the pamphlet is pretty minuscule and unassuming.

So, you claim in your OP that the Salvation Army is run by liberal trash who “think whiteness is a disease.”
Do you have an actual source for this? Because right now, this seems like a typical, slanted hit piece from a notorious right wing rag of a publication.

The moment an org ceases to become a charity to become a vessel of racism and Marxism. I probably give them about $100 per year. That’s over.

Pretty much all of the biggest companies in the Western world feign wokeness and progressivism.
I'm under no delusion to think they're actually interested in social progress, but it's at least a prefered marketing tool.
they're only doing it to ensure the progressive message is controlled by a leech class of fake progressives that yap about identity politics but would never talk about progressive economic measures that would really reign in the corporate abuse. the "woke" message has been thoroughly taken over by the big corporations.

on topic - go read what homeless people and people that deal with salvation army have to say about it. they're actually the first ones i have ever heard talking about how we should never give to salvation army, it's massive scam and they treat people horribly. but of course johnny trustfund doesn't care, he just need a place where to periodically dump some shit so he feels better about himself.

Woke capital is just a cover for protecting corporate interests from communists by tricking lefties into thinking capital is already on their side. Salvation Army has the same interest because a robust welfare state would put them out of business.

they're only doing it to ensure the progressive message is controlled by a leech class of fake progressives that yap about identity politics but would never talk about progressive economic measures that would really reign in the corporate abuse. the "woke" message has been thoroughly taken over by the big corporations.
Well, I don't disagree with any of that, but it seems only tangential to my point.
The point is, contrary to what TS and many conservatives suggest, engaging in this fake-progressive posturing is evidently not a bad marketing strategy that leads to bankcrupcy because of the brutal conservative backlash. Otherwise every other company would be broke by now.

TS, do you have a source for the initial “Let’s Talk About Racism” guide? I found one Twitter screenshot of a section that is supposed to be about apologizing for being white, but says nothing of the sort.
Next, that National Review article mentions the accompanying study guide. They talk about how unconscious bias is an idea “shared” by Ibram X Kendi, and the article goes on this rant about Kendi—
—but the Salvation Army doesn’t mention or quote Kendi in that pamphlet, nor is Kendi listed in the Resources section. What the National Review does actually quote from the pamphlet is pretty minuscule and unassuming.

So, you claim in your OP that the Salvation Army is run by liberal trash who “think whiteness is a disease.”
Do you have an actual source for this? Because right now, this seems like a typical, slanted hit piece from a notorious right wing rag of a publication.
Have you heard about Nancy Pelosi's $25million mansion in Florida??

Well, I don't disagree with any of that, but it seems only tangential to my point.
The point is, contrary to what TS and many conservatives suggest, engaging in this fake-progressive posturing is evidently not a bad marketing strategy that leads to bankcrupcy because of the brutal conservative backlash. Otherwise every other company would be broke by now.
it has started as a catchphrase concerning media that had went nuts about wokeness. and in many cases, movies or shows that are just a woke platform have indeed gone broke and went off the air or had abysmal ratings and revenue.

The left is mad at the SA because they are a Christian only organization and won't donate until they stop discriminating. The right is mad that they are Christians and try to love their fellow man and wont donate till they start discriminating. Everyone virtuously makes sure they can't do a damned thing to help the homeless.

I don't know about the rest of the country, but here they just built a gigantic new Salvation Army outlet, the parking lot is filled with brand new SUVs from the well to do surrounding cities, rather than the poor people you would think these donations go to.

Find a church or something to donate to.

Back