Salty alert - Anderson on Chris's set up for KO punch: Lucky, definitely lucky

Wtf are you talking about? Dude has had nothing but good things to say about Weidman.

Saying the punch was lucky, definetly lucky isnt exactly words of awesomeness in my opinion. It's like saying I can beat you anytime, you just got lucky.

How else would you describe it? :confused:

1 punch can be considered lucky but that was a combination , no luck in that . Chris is going to dominate silva next fight . Anderson held on to the title later on in his reign by fighting older less talented fighters . Chris will soon be considered one of the top P4P fighters in the world . People will be talking about a super fight with weidman and jones in the next year .

I'm not disputing he is a legend. That's obvious.
I'm saying I dislike his personality, in genera..
Don't mix things up.

I can Hespect that. He doesn't really try to be apologetic or win people over. It's not always pretty but to me it appears Genuine and it appeals to me personally.

yeah man, I think your right, his English went speaking is broken usually. and good point he's always used Ed for his interviews so why stop now. I guess I brought it up in the first place b/c he has been fighting in the United States now for what 7 years? and he still can't speak English ,but I guess that doesn't really mean anything.

Well, if anything, he improved A LOT from when he started :)
But (by far) nothing like Junior's improvement.

But he also used to live in Brazil, trained in Brazil... so fighting in US meant nothing.

But now he lives in US> he does need to start improving his language.
I heard he started classes, but don't know for sure...

He may be a pompous ass, but he is the best and will not be screwing around in there this time. You can tell he's very serious about this rematch. I expect him to make a real statement this time. He knows he can't clown around that much anymore. Learned his lesson I'm sure. It's the only reason he lost.

Was Weidman lucky when he kicked his ass in the first?

He bleats and he kicks and he butts heads.

Why?

Because he's always gonna be the billyGOAT.

Aside from Nick Diaz, Anderson gives the worst interviews in the sport. Man... It isn't the fact that his english is poor. He just really hates being there and seems intent on punishing everyone involved with his spiteful, empty, unintelligible answers.

where did this "salty" term come from, it is super annoying.

Aside from Nick Diaz, Anderson gives the worst interviews in the sport. Man... It isn't the fact that his english is poor. He just really hates being there and seems intent on punishing everyone involved with his spiteful, empty, unintelligible answers.

nick diaz and anderson are 2 best interviewers in the sport.

Saying the punch was lucky, definetly lucky isnt exactly words of awesomeness in my opinion. It's like saying I can beat you anytime, you just got lucky.

How else would you describe it? :confused:

Not true. I'm sure he thinks his kick to Vitor's face was lucky as well. As Ed said, he couldn't do that if he tried 100 times in practice. That makes it lucky.

Does that mean it wasn't intended? No, he lifted his leg with the intention to land it like that. SUCCEEDING involved some amount of luck. Same with Chris' shot. Chris tried to land. Luckily when he did, Anderson was on his tippy toes, standing parallel, bending all the way back.

That is a bit lucky!

Doesn't mean it wasn't an awesome punch that was intended to hit. Only means succeeding in your best intentions also involves some luck. Like your opponent standing in an asinine position.

Weidman pulled a Serra, big woop.

Just delete your account now because you have lost all credibility. Serra was either a -800 to -1000 in the odds. No one gave Serra a chance to beat GSP. Weidman was a -200 and many people thought he had a great chance of beating Silva. Terrible example, just go away because you have lost all credibility.

If you listen to a lot of his answers they essentially translate to

He may be a pompous ass, but he is the best and will not be screwing around in there this time. You can tell he's very serious about this rematch. I expect him to make a real statement this time. He knows he can't clown around that much anymore. Learned his lesson I'm sure. It's the only reason he lost.

Wrong , yesterday Anderson said he is not going to change the way he fights. He said very clearly that he is not going to change the way he fights for the rematch and this was yesterday.

It's not true. Weidmans punch was not lucky but there is a such thing as luck in any aspect of life.

No. There is no luck in fighting. Some magical element of the universe did not guide Weidman's fist to Silva's chin, nor Silva's foot to Vitor's face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back