Salon posted the worst article about MMA yesterday

Fighters are bullies, many are drunks, and many batter women. Racists and pedophiles also take part in MMA.

The same could be said for literally every profession. From police officers and doctors to the dude making your chalupa at Taco Bell.

It's strange how the author claims he used to train and be a part of the MMA community, but still possesses an extremely cliched, outsider point of view of the culture.

As for the keyboard warrior quip, that is true; a lot of you assholes still utilize that line when you perceive you're losing an argument. That defeatist retort must stop; keyboard warriors such as myself still make valid, ingenious points. And we're incredibly good-looking.

Don't forget to compliment our amazing penises, my friend. All well over 16", when flacid (which is almost never because we're constantly having orgies with the world's sexiest models with no pointy elbows present).

Don't forget to compliment our amazing penises, my friend. All well over 16", when flacid (which is almost never because we're constantly having orgies with the world's sexiest models with no pointy elbows present).

Now you're just being outright silly.

I'm told I'm a "good size," whatever that means.

You know it was written by a Sherdoger. Probably Rex Kwon Do

I left the comment "Fire this guy he is an idiot and he may be dangerous to himself and others" and then I read your comment, I don't know what to do, I don't want Rex to lose his job.

Are you alleging RKD traned UFC at a McDojo, sir?

b60f109494f215bcd5340cc705a4baa9.jpg

I would argue the opposite.

Hard training weeds out the douchebags, making someone LESS likely to be an asshole if they train in MMA/BJJ. They just don't have what it takes character wise to stick with something so difficult.
nah, at the reputable gyms there is usually mutual respect because of the serious trainers and dedicated students with pro aspirations. But mma gyms are the new mcdojo and there is an endless amount of shitholes that promote douchebag culture within. These are the places where guys train so they can win bar fights and intimidate weaker men to feel AFFA.

As for the article, his conclusions are flawed but his examples are on point. Everyone has encountered these kind of people- the formerly insecure weakling who learns to fight and wants to display his dominance. MMA draws them in like moths to a flame. These guys enjoy big being big fish in a small pond so they'd never join a real gym with pro fighters. Losing a sparring session is too humbling for their ego.

You could have stopped at "Salon posted the worst article"

Sounds like the kid was socially awkward. Dad wanted his son to be involved in activities and the writer was afraid of being bullied. He said he trained kickboxing in college, but I have a feeling it was cardio kickboxing.
been in more croquet matches than fights? Obviously never sparred. I wish people would quit reading salon.

he may not be right about people who train but he described large percentage of fans pretty accurately

nah, at the reputable gyms there is usually mutual respect because of the serious trainers and dedicated students with pro aspirations. But mma gyms are the new mcdojo and there is an endless amount of shitholes that promote douchebag culture within. These are the places where guys train so they can win bar fights and intimidate weaker men to feel AFFA.

As for the article, his conclusions are flawed but his examples are on point. Everyone has encountered these kind of people- the formerly insecure weakling who learns to fight and wants to display his dominance. MMA draws them in like moths to a flame. These guys enjoy big being big fish in a small pond so they'd never join a real gym with pro fighters. Losing a sparring session is too humbling for their ego.

I guess I'm thinking more so of people who legitimately learn BJJ, MT, etc, then move on to MMA. I could see a ton of douchebags floating around actual "UFC Gyms" though.

Lol wtf is this shit I'm reading. The whole thing reeks of BS. If it's true then... wow.
They're some 3rd-Wave, delusional, agenda-pushers, so chances are, they're lying through their teeth.

Idk where this guy used to train but it sounds awful. In my personal experience people that train bjj, muay thai, judo, wrestling, are really friendly. Sure there are asshole people from time to time, but they are usually an exception.

This was so painful to read, in that the author is clearly a moron and definitely a Sherdogger.

The article only shows that the author is an idiot. Every assumption about mma he made was because he himself is not an intelligent person.

I don't understand the point of his story beyond him being ignorant, which most kids and teens are.

I actually think this is an excellent read. I also think the writer makes a LOT of VERY valid points. Kudos to this guy for just being real about it all.

Stopped at "Toxic Masculinity" under the title of the article.

Fucking click bait. I should know better.

Back