salmon seasoning or recipes

Ghostdogg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
well i was told salmon is a good fish to eat any ideas on a good way to prepare it.

I season it with salt, pepper and then whatever else I feel like. Sometimes it's thyme and dill, sometimes it's garam masala spice. I fry it in butter for 4-5 minutes and voila. Fish is one of the fastest, easiest things to cook.

easy....on the gril with melted butter, lemon juice and fresh crushed garlik. You can do the same in a pan. Use leftovers in your salads.

Wild caught salmon is one of the best things you could possibly eat in all respects.

Smear a little bit of coconut oil in a pan, lay that bitch skin-side down on the oil, sprinkle the slightest little queef of coarse black pepper on it, and bake her at ~400 degree's for about 12-15 minutes. Commence mouthgasm.

I personally don't use lemon juice on salmon, only white fish.

Marinate in

2 tbs honey
1 tbs balsamic
some basil
clove of garlic

Heat that to boiling then cook. Pan, oven, or grill. Its all delicious.

All good advice. I have also used juice squeezed from an orange and it was excellent.

Big fan of butter or olive oil, garlic, pepper, and lemon juice ... I try to do it on a cedar plank on the grill - but if i don't have time to soak a plank i will wrap it in foil.

easiest and still great tasting: soy sauce and a cajun seasoning. red chilli powder if you like it hot.

Well, two ways that I look at salmon is 1.) it's a very oily fish, and 2.) it is a fish with a very robust flavour.

Any time you can add acid to something oily, it usually ends up pretty good, and even quite refreshing. So lemon is pretty popular with salmon. Balsamic as well.

However, also because it has a robust flavour, I think it works well with other very powerful flavours, such as mustard, whiskey, or maple syrup.

I always grill my salmon, as I don't have a decent frying pan that will allow me to pan-roast the salmon properly. If you grill a filet, make sure you grill it flesh side down first. If you grill it skin side down first, and finish on the flesh side, the flesh will be cooked when it's time to take it off the grill, and the fish will flake quite a bit easier. So when I grill the salmon, it's rubbed with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then placed at a 45 degree angle on a very hot grill(well I wouldn't say "very" hot, but quite hot. It should sizzle when you put it down). When it comes time to flip, I give it a gentle push from the side. If the fish doesnt move freely, don't force it. Let it sit for another minute, then try again. When the fish has the proper grill marks, it will release from the grill surface easily, then you can flip it.

Then I do one of three things. Either finish it on the grill, and put a simple squirt of lemon juice as it's coming off the grill, as well as another little sprinkle of salt. Or, I'll glaze it with a maple-dijon-whiskey glaze as it's finishing on the grill. Or I'll make a classic beurre-blanc sauce, usually with lemon, and dill.

I usually just salt & pepper it. But I will have to try some of these ideas you guys put out!

I have also used juice squeezed from an orange and it was excellent.

This is why these are the best types of threads, you always pick up something you haven't tried.

I am going to use this tonight.

Since we are health freaks, I try to avoid "extra" fat, so I spray it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, sprinkle Paprika, Chilli Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Parsley, Pepper, Salt (unless you're cutting), ...spray again. Broil for about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the piece!

It'll "blacken"!

well i was told salmon is a good fish to eat any ideas on a good way to prepare it.

Hmm....I normally use Mrs. Dash, Basil, Paprika, Garlic Powder, a small amount of season salt, and lemon pepper. I like to combine those in Olive Oil and brush it on the top, and then bake the hell out of it. Works for me.

Since we are health freaks, I try to avoid "extra" fat, so I spray it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, sprinkle Paprika, Chilli Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Parsley, Pepper, Salt (unless you're cutting), ...spray again. Broil for about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the piece!

It'll "blacken"!

If you were a health freak you would be using pastured real butter, not something created by a chemist.

I like it with "Blackend Fish Seasoning" they have it by the spices at the grocery store. I throw it on the grill and spray with butter and apply that seasoning pretty heavily, tastes great!!

Last edited:
Some interesting ideas here. I usually season mine with salt, pepper, minced garlic, and then coat it with parmesan cheese and bake it. The pamesan cheese gives the salmon a nice crust and tastes awesome when baked.

If you were a health freak you would be using pastured real butter, not something created by a chemist.

agreed, I like to rub mine with butter, pepper, fresh sliced garlic, fresh red pepper, fresh parsley and cilantro and little maggi sauce wrap in tinfoil, on the bbq.

Back