Sakuraba vs Couture - what woudla happened

Back in the day of amazing PPVs, this mightnot have even made co-main!!

Saku could have easily become the ww goat but he had balls of steel and grew in an era where mma was truly brutal. He fought guys way too big for him. Maybe Couture would have been too much for him.... maybe not.... is Saku so anything could happen ... he beat monsters like Randleman, Rampage, Vitor and prime Mezger. You couldn’t count the man out.

LOL WW goat. Hughes would have brutalized him.

Prime for prime...

Prime Couture (Liddell I LHW, GG HW) was unbeatable imo

Sak the gamer that he was would have made it a long hard crafty fight

LOL WW goat. Hughes would have brutalized him.
Hughes ate strawberries from Bj and Gsp in his prime. He got his ass beat by Hallman twice too. As great and legendary as he is, he had horrible performances too.... in his prime. Maybe the cage would have benefited him, but other than that there is nothing that Sakuraba wouldnt be able to take from him. Saku fought guys much bigger and stronger than Hughes and beat many of them.

There is nothing to lol about because the fight would have been much closer than you think. And yes, i still stand by what i stated... had Sakuraba stayed at ww without moving up like these pansy ass champs we have today, his record would have looked mythical.

Last edited:
Hughes ate strawberries from Bj and Gsp in his prime. He got his ass beat by Hallman twice too. As great and legendary as he is, he had horrible performances too.... in his prime. Maybe the cage would have benefited him, but other than that there is nothing that Sakuraba wouldnt be able to take from him. Saku fought guys much bigger and stronger than Hughes and beat many of them.

There is nothing to lol about because the fight would have been much closer than you think. And yes, i still stand by what i stated... had Sakuraba stayed at ww without moving up like these pansy ass champs we have today, his record would have looked mythical.

Sakuraba fanbois are so delusionnal.

Saku gets laid on until the fight ends.

Sakuraba fanbois are so delusionnal.
There are videos of fights that give validity to my claims. It aint like Im talking about my local McDojo’s sensei. Saku is legit as fuck and beat fucking light heavyweights. Hughes didnt ... Tito man handled him at adcc. So if you dont think that the man who beat Vitor, Page and Monster could trash a welterweight is possible.... idk what to tell you. You pit any welter against the animals he fought and their record would look shitty as well.

Saku submits Randy Enson Inoue style and sends Randy back to the U.S, where the competition is ALOT easier.

Prime for prime...
Prime Couture (Liddell I LHW, GG HW) was unbeatable imo
Yeah. But is that really a "prime" or is that just cherry picking his best moments?
Hard to define a "prime" for Randy Couture. The guy never won more than 4 fights in a row and when he lost, it was often to lesser competition.

Sakuraba had the ULTIMATE warrior spirit but if we are being honest we have to agree that he didn't beat many good fighters.

The Newton fight was an agreed upon grappling match.

The Vitor fight was fishy because there were times during that fight where Vitor could've thrown more strikes and held back.

His best wins are Randleman and Rampage, both wrestlers with shitty sub defense

He had his way with Royce but at that point, the game had passed Royce by.

Yeah. But is that really a "prime" or is that just cherry picking his best moments?
Hard to define a "prime" for Randy Couture. The guy never won more than 4 fights in a row and when he lost, it was often to lesser competition.
Noobs gonna noob

Sakuraba had the ULTIMATE warrior spirit but if we are being honest we have to agree that he didn't beat many good fighters.

The Newton fight was an agreed upon grappling match.

The Vitor fight was fishy because there were times during that fight where Vitor could've thrown more strikes and held back.

His best wins are Randleman and Rampage, both wrestlers with shitty sub defense

He had his way with Royce but at that point, the game had passed Royce by.

Nope, Sakuraba = MMA GOD

Noobs gonna noob
Thanks for the laughs. I've watched almost all of his fights when they happened. Got "gimmes" for title shots. Padded his record with Toney & Vera. Other weak fighters as opponents but granted some good ones. Up and down fighter who had some flashes. To think otherwise is to be brainwashed. Oh sure, it's the hip thing to say "put his fights into context" blah blah blah. But if you truly do that, you know in your heart that I'm right. Roger Dodger. Over and out.

PS I will concede that if he started younger, he might have been what all of his nutsuckers really think that he was. But he didn't. Sorry.

Thanks for the laughs. I've watched almost all of his fights when they happened. Got "gimmes" for title shots. Padded his record with Toney & Vera. Other weak fighters as opponents but granted some good ones. Up and down fighter who had some flashes. To think otherwise is to be brainwashed. Oh sure, it's the hip thing to say "put his fights into context" blah blah blah. But if you truly do that, you know in your heart that I'm right. Roger Dodger. Over and out.

PS I will concede that if he started younger, he might have been what all of his nutsuckers really think that he was. But he didn't. Sorry.
Ok
I forgive you

I never understood why Pride's owners had so much hate toward Sakuraba.
He was always fighting way bigger opponents full of steroids.

Saku had that mysterious aura, one of a few Japanese fighters who embodies the Bushido spirit. The more the Japanese crowd cheer him the more energy he has, it's like Goku's spirit bomb.

I was one of the most die hard Sakuraba's fan but lets be honest, Saku was drunk most of the time and a very funny guy thats why he was always wearing those "water" shirts.

Back