Media Sakuraba receives UFC HOF Jacket

• Thread starter Deleted member 460645
  • Start date
He was inducted back in 2017 IIRC, wonder why it took so long. Props to the pink goof, he usually tries to discredit those who were successful in Pride as a can crusher in scripted fights.

War Sakuraba, one of the craziest bastards to ever do it and the only person I've ever heard of who lied about being a HW when he was a natural WW to MW.
If Saku was still in fighting age when UFC bought Pride you bet your ass Dana would be shitting down his throat to try to get him signed on for 25/25 ala Fedor

Good to see Saku get that love.

The man was beating Gracies back in the day. Even submitting them.

The man fought the likes of Rampage and yoked out Wand and Randleman (RIP).

The fucking Rockstar Demigod of MMA. The one true peoples champ. My hero, Saku!

185 would have been best for him, too bad they took so long to create one
I think he walked around at 185-190lbs during his prime. He could have made 170 easy I believe if they ever had that class. I think he actually fought Aoki later in his career at welterweight. He's a legend though. Too bad Takada fucked him over.

Sakuraba is the GOAT of GOATs in my opinion, and no one will ever convince me otherwise. That dude was such a badass. Anyone, anytime, anywhere. What a warrior. Absolutely loved to watch him fight

Who cares lol
Hey, I have an idea.

I'm gonna post in a thread I don't care about just to say I don't care about it when I clearly do because otherwise I wouldn't have bothered entering.

He was inducted back in 2017 IIRC, wonder why it took so long. Props to the pink goof, he usually tries to discredit those who were successful in Pride as a can crusher in scripted fights.

War Sakuraba, one of the craziest bastards to ever do it and the only person I've ever heard of who lied about being a HW when he was a natural WW to MW.
Probably didn't want to be labeled a hypocrite for calling Pride a fake circus.

Who cares lol
giphy.gif

With pretty much only 1 UFC fight lmao. Weird, but it's whatever I guess

UFC inducts people for achievements in other promotions they own/dissolved. How you think Big Nog got in with a 5-5 record and how Faber got in as fast as he did? Anyhow Sakuraba extinguished the mainstream MMA belief that the Gracie's and BJJ were unbeatable UFC 1 created. He's an important part of the sports history and even if the UFC hadn't spent a shit ton of money on the video of that history he should be in a general MMA Hall for sure.

Saku bless, nobody deserves to be recognized for their heart and fighting spirit more than him. Forever and always a fan.

Back