Sakio Bika

McPunchy

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Anybody see his recent fight against Jean Paul Mendy?

He was disqualified for an illegal blow.

I think he's a great (if ugly-styled) fighter and terribly unlucky.

What do you guys think?

I like Bika alot.

I know alot are going to disagree with me but the DQ should have been a No Contest (NC).
There was nothing that Mendy was going to bring to that fight that was going to stop Bika and Bika knew it.

You're reacting and throwing your hands faster than you're actually consciously making decisions. People say "but Bika saw him, paused, and then hit him".... that 'pause' was a very brief pause.

But more importantly - this was Bika's fight and Mendy had close to no chance.

Anybody see his recent fight against Jean Paul Mendy?

He was disqualified for an illegal blow.

I think he's a great (if ugly-styled) fighter and terribly unlucky.

What do you guys think?

I like him and have seen him fight live, he is good but not great. The keys to his success are his will and stamina but against top fighters he has fallen short each time. He has wasted his Contener fame through his inactivity imo but I will always be a fan. It would have been good to see him get into the super 6, he would have been more competitive than Green imo.

Agree with both of you.
I think Bika has shown he can hang with anybody - it's just that nobody really wants to hang with him. Apparently he took the fight the other day for a TINY pay cheque too.

I like him and have seen him fight live, he is good but not great. The keys to his success are his will and stamina but against top fighters he has fallen short each time. He has wasted his Contener fame through his inactivity imo but I will always be a fan. It would have been good to see him get into the super 6, he would have been more competitive than Green imo.

His stamina is just incredible - still has KO power late into the fight.
Losses to guys like Calzaghe and Bute are nothing to be ashamed of.

Prior to Allen Green given a ticket to the Super 6 he was scheduled to fight Sakio Bika.
As close to a sure thing as you can get - Bika was going to KO Green. That would have been Bika's chance to shine.
It's just a shame that fight fell through.

Yeah I like Bika,
I'm not sure if I agree about it being a NC but I agree that Bika was going to win this fight
Mendy supposedly earned a title shot with this "win", hell of a way to get a title shot... I don't think he should be fighting for the title having won his fight by getting knocked out in the first round

Yeah Bika was going to beat Green
I wouldn't be surprised to see them fight down the line after green get tossed out of the tournament

Agree with both of you.
I think Bika has shown he can hang with anybody - it's just that nobody really wants to hang with him. Apparently he took the fight the other day for a TINY pay cheque too.

Then that's a real shame (the small pay check). Mendy given a win over Bika is just a joke. It would be like if Tyson accidently caught McNeeley while he was on a knee. No one in their right mind would think it was an act of desperation on Tyson's part.

But regardless - that fight with Green would have done wonders for Bika.
Green is all wrong for Bika and Green and his team probably started to realize that.

Bika v Abraham would be quite the fight.

I like Bika alot.

I know alot are going to disagree with me but the DQ should have been a No Contest (NC).
There was nothing that Mendy was going to bring to that fight that was going to stop Bika and Bika knew it.

You're reacting and throwing your hands faster than you're actually consciously making decisions. People say "but Bika saw him, paused, and then hit him".... that 'pause' was a very brief pause.

But more importantly - this was Bika's fight and Mendy had close to no chance.

Nah, it was a more blatant illegal punch than Soto's against Lorenzo - it was a pretty clear-cut DQable punch since he could have held it back if he was inclined to.

His stamina is just incredible - still has KO power late into the fight.
Losses to guys like Calzaghe and Bute are nothing to be ashamed of.

Prior to Allen Green given a ticket to the Super 6 he was scheduled to fight Sakio Bika.
As close to a sure thing as you can get - Bika was going to KO Green. That would have been Bika's chance to shine.
It's just a shame that fight fell through.

Yeah I agree Bika beats Green all day. Aparently he had issues obtaining a visa which is why the fight fell through.

In terms of the super six though I would have really like to have seen Bika v Abraham or Froch, they would have gone to war. I think Bika gets outboxed by Dirrel and Ward though. Kessler & Bika have sparred before I believe, not too sure how that one would have played out as Kessler looks past his best these days. Porbably still slightly lean towards Kessler in a close one.

Nah, it was a more blatant illegal punch than Soto's against Lorenzo - it was a pretty clear-cut DQable punch since he could have held it back if he was inclined to.

Yeah, weather he was gonna win or not doesn't mater to me. He throw a shot when the guy was on a knee, so instant DQ. Anybody remember RJJ did the same thing to McClain or something like that. He lost the belt cause of it and he was winning the fight when he got DQ around the 7th or 8th rd.

What suck is they were talking about Him facing the winner of Bute's next fight and now I don't see it happening now.

Yeah, weather he was gonna win or not doesn't mater to me. He throw a shot when the guy was on a knee, so instant DQ. Anybody remember RJJ did the same thing to McClain or something like that. He lost the belt cause of it and he was winning the fight when he got DQ around the 7th or 8th rd.

Montell Griffin in the 9th round, actually.

I saw him at KFC once, he murdered an Ultimate Burger Meal.

I don't think this DQ will derail Bika all that much. Sure, it's not pretty but the guy is still a good match for alot of fighters....

Back