News Sakakibara - "Misunderstanding" settled. Floyd vs Tenshin back on.

He is screwed anyways. RIZIN is going down: no ppy money, no mixed rules, 9 minute boxing 'exhibition match' and has to pay Floyd. To pay Floyd, you need a worthy opponent and PPV.

Upside = Tenshion + Mouse in ONE after RIZIN folds. Tenshion is way too small to get smashed in the UFC BW. Phenomenal kick boxing talent but the money's in boxing and UFC.

It was a negotiation tactic on Floyd's part, and it worked. He basically accused Rizin of being shady and trying to pull a fast one. Tha makes Rizin look bad. Now Sak and co have to go back to him at a huge negotiating disadvantage.

That leto guy is either a good troll or the dumbest poster in the worldwide section.

Maybe you're thinking of yourself. Go study the concept of "face."

Dude hes 42 years old lol and fought everyone. Why does it make you mad that hes making other mma fighters rich and famous? I think it's cool as fuck and hes giving rizin crazy exposure.

Haters man.... let it go
Haters? Are you seriously dumb? The guy spoke the truth and you can't swallow it unlike floyds....

It was a negotiation tactic on Floyd's part, and it worked. He basically accused Rizin of being shady and trying to pull a fast one. Tha makes Rizin look bad. Now Sak and co have to go back to him at a huge negotiating disadvantage.

Maybe you're thinking of yourself. Go study the concept of "face."
I am interested in his pay out, seeing as he does not fight for a few mill and there is no PPV here. I can not imagine Rizin makes money off this event if they pay Floyd 50 million. Floyd will want atleast 20-30 million I'd imagine, if not more. He can box Nate Diaz or Khabib for probably 100 million, easily, seeing as he gets the lions share. Maybe UFC is not letting up other fighters from their contracts and seeing as Conor lost, he needs a win? All the other fights out there for him are risky boxing matches.

I know it will not happen but Id love to see Floyd atlas kickboxing vs anyone that is reasonably good, or even do MMA (the chances of that are Slim to none, and Slim just left town <45>)

Whatcha mean? He is 4-0 and just transitioned. He seems to be interested in money to me and will go where it takes him.
He took those fights basically to get in with RIZIN, notice how the last of those fights was over a year ago. Meanwhile he has had 4 kickboxing fights in RIZIN since and about a half dozen more outside of the promotion. He barely trained for MMA because there's money in kickboxing, especially when you are the face of several promotions and an undefeated phenom.

1st of all this kid is like 125lbs

Second...fuckin Floyd fighting MMA fighters and not letting them do like 90% of what they can. How the hell is that a challenge in any way. Hes not beating these fighters...hes handicapping them and calling it a victory.

Fuckin poser.
Dude hes 42 years old lol and fought everyone. Why does it make you mad that hes making other mma fighters rich and famous? I think it's cool as fuck and hes giving rizin crazy exposure.

Haters man.... let it go
Both you guys have points in my view. I was the variety that was always craving prime MayPac and it did not happen until it was a farce, and we were just happy to finally see it. Mayweather is a great fighter but definitely inherited a game of cherry picking in boxing. His insistence for non horse hair gloves, putting up fusses about 'gloves being too broke in' and selecting fighters past their primes or too young just adds to this.

It's cool that he is giving MMA guys exposure but let's be real: there is no need for him to say "I will fight Conor in MMA...I've been training for five years" and just flat out lie to us when we know his MO. Conor said he would box him if the opportunity arose and he did, tho it was obviously going to end up being detrimental to his brand, especially when he was at the top of his game then and financially set. If you say you will do something: do it. If you will not, do not do it. I don't think there is enough money in the world for Floyd to kickbox or MMA fight anyone decent. Money is not his only thing, he really cares about keeping himself out of an ass whupping.

Fuckin' Tenshin kickboxing mma fighters and not letting them do like 90% of what they can do. How the hell is that a challenge in any way. He's not beating these fighters...he's handicapping them and calling it a victory.

Fuckin' poser.

See, it goes both ways with these two. Except, I used correct punctuation.

Floyd is a straight wife beating POS period from jump. OK, so fuck that guy.

But

Just in the sense of challenge, you cant challenge a man and tell him he cant do shit then act like you won. BS. Telling a man "you must box me" knowing he could fuck you up at any second if he was allowed, is something Im not down with.

Floyd doesnt give a fuck about MMA or MMA exposure. Hes doing this farce to put all the cards in his deck and collect a paycheck off some BS match with a man that could destroy him but is not allowed to.

I dont know why this forum has such a hard on for Floyd. Most boxing fans hate his boring ass style and tune in just hoping he gets beat.
Also, fuck your punctuation. This is not a term paper or resume. Fuck off

Last edited:
He took those fights basically to get in with RIZIN, notice how the last of those fights was over a year ago. Meanwhile he has had 4 kickboxing fights in RIZIN since and about a half dozen more outside of the promotion. He barely trained for MMA because there's money in kickboxing, especially when you are the face of several promotions and an undefeated phenom.
Yeah, Im aware of that. You don't think he would do more MMA if the price was right tho? I don't think that will be the last we will see of him, and seeing as he even got a sub, it shows that he has been working on his complete game and is not just some kick boxer who has not bothered learning grappling.

Floyd is a straight wife beating POS period from jump. OK, so fuck that guy.

But

Just in the sense of challenge, you cant challenge a man and tell him he cant do shit then act like you won. BS. Telling a man "you must box me" knowing he could fuck you up at any second if he was allowed, is something Im not down with.

Floyd doesnt give a fuck about MMA or MMA exposure. Hes doing this farce to put all the cards in his deck and collect a paycheck off some BS match with a man that could destroy him but is not allowed to.

I dont know why this forum has such a hard on for Floyd. Most boxing fans hate his boring ass style and tune in just hoping he gets beat.
Also, fuck your punctuation. This is not a term paper or resume. Fuck off

Yeah, Im aware of that. You don't think he would do more MMA if the price was right tho? I don't think that will be the last we will see of him, and seeing as he even got a sub, it shows that he has been working on his complete game and is not just some kick boxer who has not bothered learning grappling.
I don't think he needs to.

Tenshin is the most popular kickboxer in Japan since Masato.
Masato fought exclusively in kickboxing/MT his entire career (as far as I know), so it should not be necessary for Tenshin to fight in MMA to be popular in Japan.
The blue print is already out there...Masato fought several high level boxers and MMA fighters in k1 rules and drew huge audiences, for what turned out to be mostly easy fights.

Tenshin can follow that career path...the only obvious difference being that kickboxing isn't huge anymore.

So Basically two "grown men" are gonna play fight?

and people are going bonkers for it?

I would rather watch that then somebody laying on top of the opponent for 25 minutes.

I'm still gonna watch if it happens. it was always going to be a boxing exhibition (cuz it's Floyd) and Rizin's kb matches are 3 rounds so Idgaf, I just wanna see what Tenshin can do.

Quite frankly I'd rather Floyd not have the ability to bore me for 12 rounds. Either Tenshin strikes quick or we don't waste time.

I am interested in his pay out, seeing as he does not fight for a few mill and there is no PPV here. I can not imagine Rizin makes money off this event if they pay Floyd 50 million. Floyd will want atleast 20-30 million I'd imagine, if not more. He can box Nate Diaz or Khabib for probably 100 million, easily, seeing as he gets the lions share. Maybe UFC is not letting up other fighters from their contracts and seeing as Conor lost, he needs a win? All the other fights out there for him are risky boxing matches.

I know it will not happen but Id love to see Floyd atlas kickboxing vs anyone that is reasonably good, or even do MMA (the chances of that are Slim to none, and Slim just left town <45>)
You can’t “win” an exhibition. It’s hard to believe he’ll make that kind of money for an exhibition.

Woulds be awesome but knowing Floyd, there will definitely be a contract against it. Remember with Conor that Conor lost his purse if he did that.
Ya but Japan’s a little different. In the US conor would be screwed. Likely banned by the athletic commission for life etc

Hmm...I wonder what will happen if they kick him in the ring? Can he even sue?

There were rules about stuff like that in the agreement for the Conor fight, pretty sure he would have lost his purse.

You can’t “win” an exhibition. It’s hard to believe he’ll make that kind of money for an exhibition.

Maybe they'll flip the script again and say it is a legit contest. I kind of suspected they were going to go this route, as they need to drum up interest without a media tour. But then again, the whole thing could fall apart? This is kayfabe at its finest.

It is pretty funny watching how exasperated many seem to be over Floyd.

Maybe they'll flip the script again and say it is a legit contest. I kind of suspected they were going to go this route, as they need to drum up interest without a media tour. But then again, the whole thing could fall apart? This is kayfabe at its finest.

It is pretty funny watching how exasperated many seem to be over Floyd.
it's pretty bizarre how people take this seriously. it's a joke and has been since the beginning. there's nothing to get angry about but also don't believe anything.

Thats honestly the worst response you could come up with.
You’re flipping out online over someone you don’t know and has no effect on your life. It was the necessary response.

1st of all this kid is like 125lbs

Second...fuckin Floyd fighting MMA fighters and not letting them do like 90% of what they can. How the hell is that a challenge in any way. Hes not beating these fighters...hes handicapping them and calling it a victory.

Fuckin poser.
Poser? Okay, no fanboy here, but get real: Mayweather is one of the most accomplished combat athletes in the history of combat sports. Probably moreso than any MMA fighter. He's not posing as shit, Conor wanted big money so he challenged Floyd to a boxing match we all knew he would lose. Similarly, Rizin is using the fact that Floyd alone is bigger than their entire company to get some attention. Floyd likes the attention, he likes to get paid. He is not and never will be an MMA fighter, and he never tried to be. He's still richer than anybody in the entire MMA business and a more accomplished fighter than anyone in all of MMA. And this is coming from a guy who is a total MMA homer.

Check yourself.

Back