Sage now a free agent: "My friends (MacDonald, Machida) are making 2x, 3x, what they made in UFC"

Didn't he get on an $80,000 contract right away? Surprised to hear him saying this, got a source? That's more than guys like Jim Miller make (which is pretty sad)
Yea was about to say this. He's on one of the better contracts, (not to mention he's got the special Reebok deal too) and even he's crying about pay? Interesting.

Last edited:
Ufc had all you guys fooled.

Even now people talk like ufc is the only thing that matters. Its made me sick for years, they conned everyone and illegally monoplized the sport.
I was listening to John Hackleman talk about how fighters will take a pay cut in the UFC just for the clout of saying they are "UFC vets". It helps the branding and get's them more money in other orgs I believe. Not sure how true that is though.

Seriously? Nice addition for Bellator, Sage isn't top elite fighters, bu popular, sounds right.
So UFC was promoting Sage, kinda, and now he's free agent <Dana05>

daddy dana wont let him go anywhere. They put too much marketing into the kid.

So far all Bellator has to do is pay these guys the same as they get in the UFC plus offer them to have their own sponsors. Bellator getting a sponsor fee like UFC did and the sponsors pay the higher purse. Win-Win for everybody but those guys that don't get sponsors - which Sage ain't one of.

I wonder if its the money(hes being paid more than hes worth anyways)...or the lack of USADA?

Sage could make big bucks in Bellator with those toothpaste and hair gel sponsorship money.

He can fight Logan Paul now

I think Sage should get acting lessons. I could easily see him as a Dragon Ball Z, Power Rangers, Karate Kid, or other cartoon or TV show.

Unlike most UFC fighters, i think Sage is a star.
With sponsorship money, he could make more money than most UFC fighters.

Bellator is terrible for Sage in the long run. He no doubt will lose to some of the bums there and then his image will crumble and won't be getging ufc money, he won't have a future in ufc with a spotty record.

Going to bellator is the worst thing he can do for himself, so if he is a creedy boi, let him suffer.
Hi Dana!

Sage is talking about how fighters like Rory and Machida are making double and triple outside of the UFC who is supposed to be the number 1 organization.

Times tamped:

This is not about UFC dying but lets face it, the peak was between 2005 to 2012 thanks to TUF exposure+ sponsorship. But now UFC is so cheap and petty that they will never regain that glory like they once had before.

True, but whenever bellator goes under... UFC will still be there.

Bellator is paying guys so much more BECAUSE they have to. They're the #2 organization vying to become the top dog. Since they don't have the prestige of the UFC They have to offer something else.

In a way, this is the free market at work.

The UFC knows it is the top organization so it won't pay as much because of that. It's greedy, but it's rational from their point of view.

Back