Sage now a free agent: "My friends (MacDonald, Machida) are making 2x, 3x, what they made in UFC"

If the UFC's golden boy (who was actually not a great fighter) leaves for greener pastures, that'll really be something

Get some other big names and the UFC will have to start paying their fighters for real or risk losing market share

Kid is an over privileged silver spoon from a wealthy family, the fuck does here cares about a little extra mma money for? He's already set for life.

Safe prbably should’ve started out in bellator anyway. He could be a force in the ufc in a few years

i don't know man. I'm ok with some guys getting in when they are young and growing within the company. Pride did it. They had quite a few fighters (many of whom were fan favorites fwiw) who started their MMA careers in Pride. Sage hasn't proven himself to be some tomato can. He has wins in the UFC. Finishes even. Most of those guys probably are mid level fighters themselves honestly at best, but, not every person on the roster is going to be GSP.

Maybe, maybe not.

Bellator is extremely protective of their names. Look at dillon and MVP. They've been feeding them cans one after the other.

They only "fucked up" with Pico.
daily reminder pico begged to fight tough guys, even in his first fight. I think he denied many cans for his debut fight

The removal of sponsorships from fighters is the single most vile thing that Dana White has done to the sport I love, and that's top of a pretty fucking huge list.

The names on the shorts etc would literally be their living in some cases. It's an absolute fucking joke.

Afaik all other sports allow athletes to get their own sponsorships, over here - Every footballer has a boot deal, every tennis player is signed to A brand etc etc.

this clown is being overpaid in the UFC as is those guys are making more because they're actually worth it

Whatever works out best I suppose. UFC seems the better "career" choice being as young as he is. Maybe Sage knows his limits or wants to play the field. Could be a #'s tactic as well.

Todd Duffee needs to log on here and talk some sense into this fucking kid.

DSC00813.jpg

Dude will get guaranteed squash matches in Bellator for sure while making bank. Seems like a win-win.

He'd get one warm-up fight. After he wins that he will be fighting guys that are roughly at his level, and suddenly he's 3-4 and getting cut wishing he had stayed silent.

let him fight and lose to the guy that beat Aaron Pico

<{outtahere}>

at this point if you are UFC or Bellator are you paying Sage 300k a fight?

I

Bellator is on the rise while the UFC is on the decline.

UFC is about to do Conor/Khabib, biggest fight of the year. Brock/DC, Cyborg/Nunes, Nate at MSG. Not to mention GSP and Nick Diaz both looking to return and Jones could be back next year.

Just doubled their tv money and are moving to ESPN and had record profits last year.

First Erick Silva and now Sage. It is not surprising there are barely any exciting young prospects left in the UFC.

Zuffa had a determined plan to absorb all of the major talent at every weight class and they basically achieved it with just a few exceptions. Endeavor has allowed all of that to erode, as their focus is not truly on a passion for the competition but on what is marketable and how to expand network and commercial deals.

As a fan, I can't say I enjoy the direction they've taken things.
I think its a good thing but the number one org should be paying the best.

Back