Sage now a free agent: "My friends (MacDonald, Machida) are making 2x, 3x, what they made in UFC"

The twitter spat with Jake Paul makes more sense now. I wonder how many buys a Jake Paul fight could get?

Bellator is terrible for Sage in the long run. He no doubt will lose to some of the bums there and then his image will crumble and won't be getging ufc money, he won't have a future in ufc with a spotty record.

Going to bellator is the worst thing he can do for himself, so if he is a creedy boi, let him suffer.
Do tell.

1cf4bfa36730eba3b11f802f762ac09e.300x225x196.gif

Sage would be an ideal TV property for Coker.

I’m no Sage fan but I will say he’s definitely improving. Why can’t all the wmma contracts get fought to expiration and they can all be free agents since they’re going backwards in terms of entertainment value? Dana still hoping Ronda will make another run or something, I don’t get it.
Because WMMA draws big ratings on free TV.

doesnt bellator pay dillon dumbass like 100k to get brutally ktfo?

How funny would it be if Sage entered the WW GP as an injury alternate - and won the thing?

<36>

The twitter spat with Jake Paul makes more sense now. I wonder how many buys a Jake Paul fight could get?

Just do that shit on YouTube. 500k buys. Sage makes $$$.

Imo he will face equal talented fighters or even better ones
Maybe, maybe not.

Bellator is extremely protective of their names. Look at dillon and MVP. They've been feeding them cans one after the other.

They only "fucked up" with Pico.

It would be a very bad thing if Sage went to Bellator...

It's ok if established stars like Rory or Hendo (when he went to Strikeforce) want to head to Bellator for a cash grab. Hendo eventually returned to the UFC and so did Rory. Mousasi will likely be back soon enough as well.

It's also ok when guys at the end of their career like Machida, Mir, Nelson, Sonnen etc go to Bellator again for decent pay and easy fights.

It is not ok when guys that are rising stars and a draw (both of which Sage is) consider leaving the UFC. He will get a big push in Bellator (look how hard they tried to hold on to Eddie and how well they compensate Chandler).

It sets a bad precedent when young guns that are known leave to go the B leagues.

TBH with his skills he belongs to the regional pro circuit, and Bellator will have the low level opponents necessary for him to start winning fights again. Hell the top 5 at lw and ww of Bellator would beat him.

Bellator pays better because its the studio paramount network giving the money this isn't coming out of Cokers pocket, since he doesn't own Bellator he was brought in to replace Bjorn as the president. UFC pays the fighters not FOX or ESPN so its out of pocket so they have to be stingy with the money.

Also I believe Bellator allows you to have your own sponsors while UFC doesn't allow banners anymore and you cant have sponsors only reebok

Bellator fighters are making good money off of local sponsors like the UFC fighters used to as a side income to their fight salary.

What UFC needs to do is allow fighters to have sponsors again this why they dont have to worry about fighter pay as much

Damn, it's always the cute one with the perfect smile that stabs you in the back....

It's probably just a negotiating tactic for Sage. Expect him to announce that he has a new contract with the UFC in a couple weeks.

Sage Bellator inbound?

InformalAmbitiousChameleon-max-1mb.gif

Just announced it on Ariels show

<31><31><31>
He should absolutely should go to Bellator. Unless he drastically improves, he'll never crack the top5 of the UFC, possibly even top10.

Make as much money as you can Sage and get out and pursue a modeling career or something.

It's probably just a negotiating tactic for Sage. Expect him to announce that he has a new contract with the UFC in a couple weeks.

surprising that more people aren't saying this.

The UFC has treated him better than 90% of the roster but this is prize fighting. Go to the highest bidder.

Back