Sage Northcutt will be free agent soon

GueseGuy

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...lfills-ufc-contract-verge-becoming-free-agent

Sage Northcutt has completed his UFC contract and will be a free agent and free to talk to other promotions in less than 90 days. Could one of the other mma promotions such as Bellator or Rizin possibilities make a play for him? The 22 year old is 11-2 and has won 3 in a row.

I think he could be a big player for Bellator and they’ll most definitely make an offer. Would UFC let him go?

I don’t think so... but Bellator or whoever wants him has to make an offer ufc doesn’t feel comfortable matching

Hype has cooled on him, it was too much early on but with that cooled down hype its allowed him to just go out and get better and fight.

He's still so young, I mean who knows where he'll be in 5 years, he wont even be 30 then. So nobody knows how far he'll go.

I just cant see the UFC letting go only because they've put the time into building him up. He was making more than UFC vets in his second and third fight.

But I guess it will come down to does UFC still think he has what it takes to be a big star. I have to think they do atleast right now for another contract.

I dont think that guy has talents enough to go far in this business, though he's very young obviously. He just looks so stiff in there, he's fast, but it's awkard fastness, I don't know how to put it, but I don't think he's really that good or has it in him to be anything great, but I've been wrong b4 many times. Wish him the best

It's a very long shot, but if he somehow made his way to Japan I think there is potential there. His karate style would go over well there, as well as his blond hair, blue eyes, and physique. Rizin needs more depth at LW, there's an opportunity.

I don't think there's much if a chance that he leaves the UFC though. He is physically and age wise the exact type of fighter they want to sell. I don't see them not matching an offer unless it is ridiculous.

No way he leaves the UFC. He has made so much money for his level of talent.

He's like the most priviliged fighter in the UFC. Everyone would leave before he does.

No way will UFC let a talent as young as him go.

He isn't leaving the UFC. They have bent over backwards for him and put a lot of money in pushing him.

After watching his matches after seeing the hype, I'm not impressed. Never seen him do anything that leads me to think he's a future star. The phony religious schtick is lame too.

After watching his matches after seeing the hype, I'm not impressed. Never seen him do anything that leads me to think he's a future star. The phony religious schtick is lame too.
He is already a star. Both hos last fights had a big bump in viewers for his fight.

Why Sage never get bigger fights while in UFC? He had the Lee Hotti hairdo. McG has the tattoo. He can be just as marketable.

Why Sage never get bigger fights while in UFC? He had the Lee Hotti hairdo. McG has the tattoo. He can be just as marketable.
They should have marketed him to the Beavis & Butthead fan base.

Back