News Sage Northcutt still unable to train following KO loss six months ago

I think in the case of Sage, his record tells a more accurate story than how his haters almost immediately tried to frame him. He was a fine developing prospect worthy of his spot in the UFC.
His wins were against bottom of the barrel fighters in the UFC. At least two of them got cut after fighting Sage. The two step up fights he got (marginal step ups, mind you), he lost. Meanwhile, they were paying him much higher than any other fighter of his experience.
So much for ONE eliminating weight cutting then.

Cosmo fought at 155 in Bellator. Sage fought at 155 and 170 in the UFC.

His wins were against bottom of the barrel fighters in the UFC. At least two of them got cut after fighting Sage. The two step up fights he got (marginal step ups, mind you), he lost. Meanwhile, they were paying him much higher than any other fighter of his experience.

Cosmo fought at 155 in Bellator. Sage fought at 155 and 170 in the UFC.

He actually lost to Mickey Gall who was only in the UFC so CM Punk had somebody to fight. To be fair Mickey Gall turned out better than most expected though.

Dana did this guy a disservice, they took people who were too green at the beginning of "Looking for a fight". Hypetrains getting derailed is fun to watch, it's also interesting to see how people come back from a loss.

I hope this guy finds something else to do. Maybe this path was the best to get him out of fighting.

He should just be a Instagram model and call it a career.

Sage should go back to traning engineering.

What a pussy, Tito trains 6 days a week 5 days a week 3 days a week and this guy can't even train 6 months after one loss ?

Dana did this guy a disservice, they took people who were too green at the beginning of "Looking for a fight". Hypetrains getting derailed is fun to watch, it's also interesting to see how people come back from a loss.

I hope this guy finds something else to do. Maybe this path was the best to get him out of fighting.
He's only 23, give him someone like Hernani Perpetuo.

"I am going back down to 155, where I was undefeated... ” Northcutt said.

Not with ONE weight cut rules. He's a 185'er in that org, like it or not.

Steroids don't make u a good fighter! He needs to get into the Youtuber fight sceen! Logan Paul is more his speed

Pretty sure with 6 months of ground game training Logan Paul kicks Sage's ass.

Whatever man I ain't looking to fight the offended I'm just saying he's got easier paths. but if you fine with him wearing a tin dribble cup & a bib for the next 40yrs who am I to offend...

giphy.gif
Look at all the college wrestlers with degrees who still fight

He had no business stepping in a ring with Cosmo in the first place. ONE set him up to fail.

Also they wont let him cut to 155. They have rules about that shit

ONE set him up to fail.
record padding.
He didn't get why Dana get him out of UFC. Dana did it with honest, true intent to help him not get KOs until he get better with defense skills.

Of course doctors doesn't encourage guys that had 9 hours long complicated surgeries quickly start to take micro concussions in sparrings…..
After this they already are more sensitve to concussions, if quickly start to spar hard, then far worse.

We don't know does he even have permit to fight from doctors or doesn't have.
After such a things they too usually ask submit paperwork from docs before look what next fight to schedule.

Actually I think he is properly insured too and Insurance after this might consider him as more risky client too.

Back