News Sage Northcutt still unable to train following KO loss six months ago

champbless2

Seraldo Babalu
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/one...le-to-train-following-ko-loss-six-months-ago/

ONE Championship’s Sage Northcutt says he still has not been able to train following a KO loss to Cosmo Alexandre back in May.

Northcutt suffered a brutal KO loss to Alexandre six months ago, losing in just 29 seconds and suffering numerous facial fractures that have left him unable to train.

In an interview with MMAFighting.com’s Guilherme Cruz, Northcutt said that he is unable to train because of the nerve damage he suffered in his face from the knockout.

“Obviously I wish that my injury didn’t happen, and I wasn’t set back for five or six months without getting training and improving myself better. I am going back down to 155, where I was undefeated,” Northcutt said. “I was 5-0 in the UFC previously at the weight class. I’ve been undefeated my whole career at that weight class, so I think that’s gonna help out. I was really in a weight class that was too big for me, 185, and I think that had part to do with it also,” Northcutt said.

What do you think the future holds for Sage Northcutt?

Last edited:
He should just retire and do something else. Wasn't he on his path to become an engineer in the oil industry?

He should stick to bodybuilding. I don’t think he is made for the fighting game. He’s going to end up getting hurt

Why a good looking white boy from what seems to be from all I know a well to do family want to step in a cage or ring for a living is beyond me? Open a gym, manage a gym, be around fitness or combat in safer capacity but fighting is not your true thing son, now make yourself a protein shake and get out of here..

Jesus is trying to send you a message, Sage.

ONE set him up. I feel bad but he signed up for this. So
giphy.gif

Sage had the talk about being the MMA champ and the kickboxing champ. Levels. Sage in MMA may be a better wrestler than striker and Cosmo was a ringer.

Last edited:
If Sage thinks weight classes has anything to do with this he needs to retire, because that is a fucking loser mindset.

He's better off claiming that Cosmo roided than thinking he lost because of a weight issue.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/one...le-to-train-following-ko-loss-six-months-ago/

ONE Championship’s Sage Northcutt says he still has not been able to train following a KO loss to Cosmo Alexandre back in May.

Northcutt suffered a brutal KO loss to Alexandre six months ago, losing in just 29 seconds and suffering numerous facial fractures that have left him unable to train.

In an interview with MMAFighting.com’s Guilherme Cruz, Northcutt said that he is unable to train because of the nerve damage he suffered in his face from the knockout.

“Obviously I wish that my injury didn’t happen, and I wasn’t set back for five or six months without getting training and improving myself better. I am going back down to 155, where I was undefeated,” Northcutt said. “I was 5-0 in the UFC previously at the weight class. I’ve been undefeated my whole career at that weight class, so I think that’s gonna help out. I was really in a weight class that was too big for me, 185, and I think that had part to do with it also,” Northcutt said.

What do you think the future holds for Sage Northcutt?
I don't think his handlers are doing him a credit. Why is he still bringing up being undefeated at a specific weight class? Of course being undefeated is nice but level of competition matters. He was undefeated while fighting the lower levels of the UFC at that weight class. It has given him a false sense of his abilities. I think he is in the same boat as PVZ. They looked good early in their careers as prospects but they never made the expected leap from prospect to being an actual good fighter.

Why a good looking white boy from what seems to be from all I know a well to do family want to step in a cage or ring for a living is beyond me? Open a gym, manage a gym, be around fitness or combat in safer capacity but fighting is not your true thing son, now make yourself a protein shake and get out of here..
Would it be any different if he was a black boy, as opposed to a white boy? If so, how so?

He should stick to bodybuilding. I don’t think he is made for the fighting game.

On what basis do you say that? He fought in the UFC and his record is far from terrible.

Yeah , this fighting thing should only be for blacks and brazilian mestizos, or if they have be white at least Eastern European ...o_O

If Sage thinks weight classes has anything to do with this he needs to retire, because that is a fucking loser mindset.

He's better off claiming that Cosmo roided than thinking he lost because of a weight issue.

Yes, does seem a sonewhat cowardly mindset. He should get out of the sport if hes thinking like that because he'll get hurt bad whatever weightclass he fights. Plenty of guys at 155 and 170 who hit like sledgehammers also.

Very astute observation. I think you knew in advance that Robert Whittaker was going to lose!

He had to travel 1000's of miles and get his face imploded to figure out what everyone was saying his entire UFC tenure.

He was too obsessed with teh gainz, he could have stayed at LW in the UFC.

yeah the competition is a little harder on the other side of the pond..!

Yes, does seem a sonewhat cowardly mindset. He should get out of the sport if hes thinking like that because he'll get hurt bad whatever weightclass he fights. Plenty of guys at 155 and 170 who hit like sledgehammers also.
More to the point, Cosmo Alexander fought at 155 in Bellator.

Back