Sage Northcutt makes it in to 'Gym Idiots'

I bet the guy who makes these videos is one of those dudes on bodybuilding dot com who weigh 120lb and give advice on how to bulk up.

I've seen video of Floyd Mayweather doing "blowjob resistance training," but he had a special strap that went around his head and the weight hung from it, and he just layed down flat in a boxing ring with his head hanging out of the ring. Point being, joke wasn't funny.
I have the head harness myself, strengthening your neck is good for any combat sport/ to avoid injury (that's why I do it)

Found the guy that doesn't lift.

"Can you teach me how to develop my bird legs properly Mister Sherdog weight lifter?"

sage-northcutt.jpg

Those reps were pretty close to parallel and he kept his back straight. If he wasn't famous then no one would bat an eye at it.

I dunno, mang. Whatever Sage is doing seems to be working for him.

This. It's funny how people love to criticize people's form at the gym while being much smallet than said person.

I didn't used to mind that kid until sherdog started verbally blowing him and embarrassing themselves with bitterness over his loss.

Now I just want him to keep losing to upset the pussies.

I didn't used to mind that kid until sherdog started verbally blowing him and embarrassing themselves with bitterness over his loss.

Now I just want him to keep losing to upset the pussies.
that makes you just as juvenile as those you're upset by

Partial reps are key to developing strength in a full ROM. Most people have a part of the ROM on the big 3 where they are the best.

For example. When I deadlift, I am super fast out of the hole. The upper part of the ROM is the weak part, so I do a lot of rack pulls which removes the bottom 20% of the lift or so because I accelerate very quickly.

The same with squats. I explode out of the bottom of the ROM easily (ass to grass) and begin fading at the top.

Sometimes I put the locks at right above parallel and load up as much weight as I can and just rep it out. It helps prevent fatigue and increase my acceleration in the top part of the ROM, thus increasing my strength in that area and matching up my acceleration to be more effective throughout the entire ROM instead of just an explosive bottom end.

It is actually strength training 101. I'm not shocked at all that 90% of the people here don't understand.

Depth has fuck all to do with activation. It varies tremendously.

Crossfitters should be ridiculed.

While that may be true for many people, partial reps with heavier weights can be a good thing to occasionally do to mix up your workout and bust through a plateau. It gets your body used to heavier weight than what you normally do, so when you go back to your normal weight you may be able to do more reps than you did before with a full range of motion.
yea, i think of it as similar to, if you want to get to a faster 2 mile race, you try to keep that pace for a while, even if you cant do it the whole time - over time, you build toward it

It drives me mental watch short squat guys at the gym, load up a leg press machine with as many plates as the can....get inside it and then move the weight barely an inch...

Cain Velasquez would be a star on that show.

Those squats weren't bad tbh.

Squat Streptap is getting a lot of unwarranted hate.

Found the guy that doesn't lift.
Ya ya you got me Herc but I'm not going to bother with the pissing contest. Long standing debate on just how deep you should squat but parallel will still most definitely activate your muscles.

Throw in the facts of his age and body fat/ weight moving 4 plates is impressive. Hell, If I remember right he goes deeper than Jones and if I recall it's like the same weight.

But you're right, tell me again how you are taking the body building / strongman world by storm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back