Sage Northcutt Lifting Heavier Than Jon Jones?

Looks to be around 140 kg for two half assed reps.... "damn heavy"... Yeah....

His form is awful. Not even close to parallel, let alone below it. I'm sure that people will swoop in here though talking about how I can't lift as much, how he'd kick my ass, etc.

His form is awful. Not even close to parallel, let alone below it. I'm sure that people will swoop in here though talking about how I can't lift as much, how he'd kick my ass, etc.
No I bet you'd crush him in every aspect. So there.

I can do that. Should I fight UFC?

The short answer to your question would be no.

More BJJ, less weights.

Didn't jones put up a video of himself doing 500lbs or so?

Looks to be around 140 kg for two half assed reps.... "damn heavy"... Yeah....
looks at least 160kg to me

i assume each weight is 20 kgs, so 8 x 20 and the bar would mean +170kg

or of course im mistaken and the weights are in pounds

No pad on the bar either...that shit hurts.

I've always thought of the pad as more uncomfortable especially when squatting heavy weight. It makes the position of the bar (at least on my shoulders) feel unnatural and hard to get proper placement.

Some people do prefer to use it and squat much heavier than me but it's a personal preference issue.

impressive. difficult for me to lift 50 Ibs, let alone that.

In all honesty, that's not that impressive (I'm roughly his size and squat 405 as well) and his form is aweful. And to the guy who commented on not using a pad, that's how you're SUPPOSED to squat. Otherwise you get bar roll, look at any heavy squatter.

Bro, you know he only half repped so quickly because he had strep throat of the knees. Plus hes only 19, which excuses everything.

I can barely lift my hands to my keyboard to bang out shitty messages on Sherdog so props to anyone with more athleticism than that

looks like 3 45lbs and 1 25lbs plates each side
those plates look bigger but they're lighter than their steel counterparts

but to answer the question Jones was squatting more than that

Back