Sage Northcutt is back in the gym.....lifting heavy weights

what serious fighter doesn't do strength training? Have you not seen Romero? He's twice Sage's size and still keeps his grappling on point. Same with Jacare.

Sage's athleticism is what got him this far. He's not going to abandon it now.

i think the point is that since he lost, he sucks at everything and needs to change everything - and we at sherdog will be his coaches - until he loses again, then we will call him stupid for leaving his roots

Looks to me like hes just advertising for his sponsor

Sage needs to train his chi more!

telekinesen-pizza.jpg

i think the point is that since he lost, he sucks at everything and needs to change everything - and we at sherdog will be his coaches - until he loses again, then we will call him stupid for leaving his roots
lol that's all that would happen.

"Sage lost too much muscle! USADA ruined him!" He can both work on his grappling and his strength.

Training frequency is important in a sport where strength is one of many variables. These athletes will likely lift heavy one day a week to maintain strength; the rest of the week they'll focus on everything else.

Plus, it's the week of Christmas and New Years. Cut him some slack. A lot of them are probably taking things lightly until next week.

How much can he really bench?

Being stronger than your opponent is helpful in fighting E.g Y. Romero. Brock for an example of more strength than skills, though Brock wrestling excellent.

It helps when you have technique to apply the strength too. Sage has literally zero technique. He got his purple belt competing with only 19 year old kids who probably never lifted in their life. He just bullied them. Now that's he's facing men who have functional strength and know technique he's 100% lost on the ground.

And you have no idea when USADA might knock on your door
Well, let me put it like this: Barnett, who should either know better than to cheat or at least know how to cheat without getting caught, was caught cheating. As were Brock Lesnar, Chad Mendes, Giblert Melendez, and even Anderson Silva (before USADA).

So for Sage, well...

USADA bless.

A lot of them are probably taking things lightly until next week.
Heavy lifting is "taking things lightly"?

You have a strange definition of "taking things lightly"

Heavy lifting is "taking things lightly"?

You have a strange definition of "taking things lightly"
I am referring to their overall training schedule and activities. As in they're spending time with family and a little less on training in general this week.

Sage Northcutt: $60k to show in his last fight, $100k in the fight before.$80k in his second UFC fight. He knows what brings the money and what makes him marketable.

I'm fairly sure the guy has an adonis complex; ie, he rather look good than fight good.
Looks like that is working out $$$ pretty well for him really.

Sage Northcutt: $60k to show in his last fight, $100k in the fight before.$80k in his second UFC fight. He knows what brings the money and what makes him marketable.
He needs to wear some speedos in pre fight workouts....

....for marketing purposes.

I've never understood why people wear shoes inside their houses. Why not wear a jacket, gloves and a hat too.

Have you seen his parents? I'm surprised they aren't made to wear combat boots and shine them every morning before they walk outside their room.

Why doesn't he just do fitness comps and hop on the juice hard. Could make some good money.

He seems like he's a part time fighter.

More weights = more fight power bro!

So based on a picture he posted you have figured out his entire training regime?

Only on Sherdog.

Back