Sage is proof TMAs dont work....

Wasnt he supposed to be some super karate prodigy? Incredible athleticism and strength. Can barely hang with the lowest tier of the ufc.

He has an 8-2 record in MMA at 20 years old, only training part time.

Sages problems in the octagon are predicated solely on his training camp, homes needs to get away from Daddy and train with another camp whilest taking some time off maybe 6-12months before he takes another fight. The rumors of Mark Northcutt not allowing Sage to participate in hard sparring seems to have young Sage underprepared for fight night, dude seems lost once things don't go his way, especially when it hits the canvas.

He doesn't even fight with strategy or gameplan. It looks like he's a streetfighter. He needs some good coaching and a patient approach. Even the fact that he's taken 2 fights outside of his weight class is reckless. He's taken 2 losses at WW and he wasn't even established at LW. Seems like he's just goofing around.

And Lando using boxing head movement to duck into Tony Ferguson's Darce is proof head movement sucks as is all the slipping into head kicks, DJ Thai Pluming Cejudo proves wrestling aint shit......

Wrestlers laying in guard punching dudes unconcious means Ju Jitsu sucks, Helio getting his arm broken by Masahiko Kimura and losing to all but 2 Judoka he ever grappled with means BJJ / GJJ aint shit.

Boxers landing a lucky punch on kickboxers means a limited style is better than a expansive one inherently.. (LOL,
Boxers can't win with hands alone! (untrue even though I wish it weren't, plus it is low percentage against anyone good in other disciplines) <----------------- all bullshit arguments except the things in brackets.

The truth is all of these styles have good and bad points to them and you practice Bruce Lee Jeet Kune Do and steal the shit out of the stuff that works for you and leave the rest.

Sage is being distracted by being a full time student. At such a time as he becomes a full time fighter & lets his petroleum engineering degree hang un-used on the wall... then we will see the UFC caliber come out.

That karate background will serve him well... but you just can't do this sh*t part time now-a-dayz if you want to contend.

Sage just doesn't train properly for MMA. He doesn't have a real camp. He should take a year off and move to Montreal. They have an ideal setup there. He could just mimic how GSP built his skills. Train with the Russian and Canadian Olympic Wrestlers. There are many many good BJJ Black Belts there now etc.

I'm not sure if Wonderboy agrees...

stephen-thompson-ko.gif

GroundedUniformCero.gif

GivingExhaustedDobermanpinscher.gif

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif
tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo1_500.gif

WOODLEH karate GOAT.

He does sport karate. Thats as untradional as it gets.

Power Ranger training. By the way muay thai boxing is hundreds of years old.

Yes, people get confused by the word tradional on here all the time. Boxing and Muay thai have a way longer history then most of the arts people would call tradional.

I don't think Sage has been prepared mentally and professionally to handle the big stage yet.

After hearing the reasons he pulled out of Tristar and how his dad is extremely controlling, I think he has now had a reality check.

Sage is young enough to rebuild, but it won't happen until he takes control of his career instead of his dad and the hype machine run the show.

It has nothing to do with his base skill set and everything to do with having little else but that base skill set.

Also, Sage needs to put away all that flashy shit for a while and spend the next few years working on his ground game. The kid is going to get a bunch of softballs next, it is the perfect time for hm to fix the problems and bring a more serious approach to the cage.

So, what's Wonderboy then?

Interesting thought, who'd win.... 20 year old Sage or 20 year old Wonderboy?

I feel confident Wonderboy would have knocked him out.

I don't know why he didn't stay at Tristar. I think if he did he would have performed much better against Gall. People keep saying he needs to work on his ground game which is true but I think that his #1 weakness is his takedown defense. It seems he goes down anytime someone shoots on him.

Back