Sage is only 20, he should take a year off....

TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
and work on his ground game.

He has no need to rush in to another fight and should just focus getting better on his Wrestling and BJJ.

He has potential but he needs to get in to a good camp and tell his father who seems to control his life to stay the fuck out of his MMA career.

Well he needs to get out of his dad's control first which is going to be really hard.

He should build up his career in a lower org....oh wait he already pass that by for 80/80 contract.FEED HIM TO THE WOLVES

All true, but you know it aint gonna happen with daddy's boy.

sage-dad-660x400.jpg

He needs to leave his helicopter parents and join a real camp where no one is going to hold his hand.

Last edited:
Well he needs to get out of his dad's control first which is going to be really hard.

This.

He is at a point where taking his time isn't a bad idea at all. However the biggest thing working against him is the training itself the guy was at a good camp in Tristar until his father pulled him away.

He should work on his stand up too because he just got dropped by a 3-0 BJJ guy.

Sage is a bum and he will never be a top guy no matter what.

Next loss, another topic gonna be " Sage is only 21 he should take a year off".

i mean gall is legit on the ground, i think they should just keep building him up against similarly skilled prospects. dont just keep feeding the one trick pony to bjj experts. and yes he needs to stop training with his dad

This.

He is at a point where taking his time isn't a bad idea at all. However the biggest thing working against him is the training itself the guy was at a good camp in Tristar until his father pulled him away.
Yep, I'll never understand that. He would be able to train with GSP and Rory. Two fighters he should be modelling his career on (especially with GSP having the Karate background).

Instead, he does it part-time and Gall steals his spot and does what Sage should have.

He is wasting his talent atm.

Stop training with Roidrage Daddy and get a real camp.

It seems like he needs more experience. He wasn't all there when mickey got his back. Maybe if he gets the experience, he'd be able to defend while hurt a little better. I think he should just fight more people at this level. He'll improve. He can still continue to train on the ground while staying active.

Bad night to be young. Main Card went 3-0 for the older fighters.

EDIT: Aww foot, Faber is younger than Pickett by a year.

Agreed he needs to take time at a real camp to round out his game

He should train with Stephen Thompson and his guys. They literally comes from the same karate background. Thompson can be his mentor or something.

Not a bad idea. He needs to work on his game, especially grappling, get his mind set and get a legit camp.

Back