Sage and fractured skulls

thehyena

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
After hearing about Sage with 8 fractures in his Face, I started to wonder how many fighters get these facial fractures and never get it fixed and how it affects them down the road. I have been watching MMA and boxing and have not heard a lot about cracked skulls. I can remember cyborg, a couple boxers that died and now Sage. Maybe the fighters are good at hiding the fact they had to get facial surgery or never have it fixed?

Boxers are more likely to die from something that starts with the brain swelling up...the dude Mancini "killed" i believe died from that

The fractures are more likely in mma

4SaEFmE.gif

Who knows about the number of facial fractures, I'm sure a lot of them don't even get diagnosed. There's an absolute shit ton of minor (and not so minor) injuries that you never hear about, though. People who don't train and only watch these sports on TV don't really get a good feel for just how gritty is. It doesn't fully show on camera. Things look so smooth on TV compared to what they feel and smell like even if you're just working with fighters and being ringside for their fights.

Fractured skulls? Mike Tyson competed through most of his career with a broken spine!

That was might awful bad luck, the placement of the shot was perfect for maximum amount of damage.

Hopefully he manages to recover from this, but i doubt it. He was never that good, plus his fight will probably look sad ala Silva's.

After hearing about Sage with 8 fractures in his Face, I started to wonder how many fighters get these facial fractures and never get it fixed and how it affects them down the road. I have been watching MMA and boxing and have not heard a lot about cracked skulls. I can remember cyborg, a couple boxers that died and now Sage. Maybe the fighters are good at hiding the fact they had to get facial surgery or never have it fixed?

Highly doubtful that they wouldn't get it fixed, any doctor knows that the face is full of nerves and if a bone is cracked and damages/traps nerves(and then the bones 'heal by itself' permanently keeping the problem that way) it will cause nerve damage that the person will have a lot of trouble living through let alone be able to continue a fight career.

Wonder how strong this One FC fighter are. Eddie destroyed, Sage destroyed and DJ had a tough fight…!

I'd bet there's a lot of hairline stuff that these guys never find out about.

What is funny is that ONE has good insurance for their employees and the UFC doesn't provide insurance for the contractors.

Boxers are more likely to die from something that starts with the brain swelling up...the dude Mancini "killed" i believe died from that

The fractures are more likely in mma
If I remember correctly, that was Doo Koo King

If I remember correctly, that was Doo Koo King
Yeah, Kim.

Fairly unknown boxer but actually had some tremendous grit and was always down for just bleed wars...unfortunately that's what did him in. Mancini kicked the living shit out of him.

Yeah, seriously, because the fight only lasted like 30 seconds or something. You think about someone getting their face pounded for five rounds. I never heard anything about facial fractures after the Holloway/Ortega fight but he recently released a statement saying something about all his bones being healed up. Maybe its common.

Back