Safe to say Anderson did NOT use supplements his whole career

I think it's obvious Anderson was taking it for his hurt leg. What are the odds the only time he's caught is after the gruesome injury? But, you're going to have haters regardless looking for a slip-up so they can say 'See! He's not the greatest!'

He failed the first ever random test he was ever given.

I think it's obvious Anderson was taking it for his hurt leg. What are the odds the only time he's caught is after the gruesome injury? But, you're going to have haters regardless looking for a slip-up so they can say 'See! He's not the greatest!'
Steroids don't heal broken bones.

But he said they were pills to help him get hard?

I think he may have started using following the Weidman loss, he looked very lean and ripped for the rematch despite getting older which is what drostanolone does. Doing a couple cycles at that age won't really change much to be honest and I do believe he was clean during his career. He looked like he could have finished the fight at any time he wanted in the 5th but wanted the flashy KO instead, definitely not as faded as I thought he would be just his chin is clearly gone but he still recovers quick it seems. Definitely not a case of a guy overdoing steroids and not being able to function without them. He is one beast of a 40 year old.

You keep believing in santa claus too TS.
He was rocked against Sonnen in the first fight [The start of his decline in his late 30s], he looked awful against Weidman x 2 [Getting rocked in the second fight by a punch he's eaten dozens of times] whilst 'juicing' according to Sherdog, tests positive against Diaz in one of the worst fights of his career, tests clean against Bisping in another poor performance.

What's the common theme… Age. The one proven example of his doping is one of his worst performances he has ever had. Even this loss to Bisping was better than his positive test performance against Diaz… What does that tell you?

Either

A.) Diaz was the first time he's doped.
B.) Doping makes Anderson even worse as a fighter.
C.) The drugs he tested positive for were primarily to help cut weight.

or

D.) He's doped his whole career, even the current testing is useless and every test you pass is irrelevant.

Without le juice, he's the same guy who got Ryo Chonan'd

Seemed like the typical Anderson however, with slightly slower reflexes as you would expect a 40 year old to have.

I give so much respect to Anderson Silva after the fight. If he is clean then you have to think that the fighter we saw today is just an older version of the old silva. The winner won the fight but the looser won the brawl. If I had to pick who won the entirety of the fight without rounds I think it was Silva. Round-by-round The Count definitely won.

I concur. At times, in this fight, he showed me the old brilliant creativity he did so well when he was younger, but now he was just a little bit too slow to execute it effectively, I contribute it to his age.

safe to say that he did take peds to help get him to elite level. dude was already in his late 20's (your physical prime) and was skinny and fighting at 168 in japan (not to mention fighting out of chute box, a gym known for peds), then loses, then is able to put on weight and be a top fighter at mw and lhw. but yeah, he only took it one time to help an injury...lol, right.

Him losing today after more strict drug testing,would mean the opposite.

Yeah for injury. Stuff that's bad for his bones and that 2 of his teammates popped for. Totally.

I think the steroid ship has sailed. But did an almost 41 year old Silva fighting clean still shows signs of what made him such a feared striker for so many years? Yes.

So there is no question the man has talent and is a lot more than just a guy aided by roids. But unfortunately he did cheat as well and probably not for the first time. I think both the good and bad is fair to acknowledge.

I thought he looked really good. Cardio, movement and reflexes all on point albeit diminished somewhat, nothing out of the ordinary aging process

Can't believe how many people choose to be so blind in favor of Silva. The guy all of a sudden hits his career stride at 34 and simultaneously bulks up to a big 185er once he hits UFC? Who has that sort of resurgence without PEDs? Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire...oh, wait...

Back