Saddest Thing You've Ever Seen

A few years ago my great aunt Marian who was born with polio ended up having to be moved to a nursing/hospice care facility. I realized that I may never see her again so I figured why not visit her.

As I walked into the place and was waking down the hall towards her room, I heard a nurse at the nurses station call for a crash cart. I didn't think anything of it and kept walking. I ended up walking into the room and well saw a nurse and a doctor working on. Then I saw someone wheel in the crash cart and it was then I realized she was on deaths door. The doctor decided to stop after finding out that she had a DNR setup.

I just stood there frozen as she took her final breaths, nurses with the crash cart left, the doctor stood by and a good minute or so later he checked her pulse and called it. Telling the nurse the date and time.

Also my Laso Apso mix Munchie ended up living to the age 20, by the time he was 20, he could barely see, had trouble walking, urinated and pooped in the house and if you let him outside he would just stay get lost in the backyard and not know to come back to the door to come in. It was then that my mother and father decided its best that not suffer anymore. We took him to our local vet and decided to have him euthanized.

The vet gave us the option if we wanted to watch him get euthanized and I decided to do it. We went into the room and the vet had a needle and everything setup. She let me hold Munchie while she got everything ready. I remember like it was yesterday, she stuck the needle in him and he yelped and then whimpered for a few seconds and then his breathing got labored until within 2 minutes it was over. I started bawling badly when he stopped whimpering. Horrible experience that I wish nobody has to go through.

We were allowed to take Munchie home for burial, we put him a box in the garage until my father came home from work so we could all bury him as a family. The most heart wrenching moment of the whole day was when my Black Lab Duke came outside to go the bathroom, immediately went into the garage, walked over to where the box was, looked at it, sniffed it and just laid down next to it for the remainder of the day staring at it. I had this feeling that he knew Munchie had passed.

Duke would die a few years afterwards at the age of 9 from what we believe to be cancerous growths in his belly. Took him to the vet, he was happy and giddy when the vet took him away for overnight observation and testing. That was the last time I saw him alive. Came home from college classes the next day, only to find him in the garage on the ground postmortem. I laid down next to him and just kept on petting him, pissed off I never I got to say goodbye

26414_373749867638_5929616_n.jpg

706276_10151174418397639_483512925_o.jpg

I have such a weak spot for my animals. Putting down my dog , German Shepard named Duke, was the hardest thing I've ever done. He was suffering so we had to lay him down. So i took him to the vet and after i dropped him off i cried like i baby in my car for probably 5-10 minutes in the parking lot. Look over and Lady in her car next to me with her cat started crying a bit too. I loved that dog more than most my family members.

Strangely enough, about a week ago, there was a 17 year old kid die right behind my house in the river. He apparently had a seizure or something, and drowned. I heard his parents (who found him) wailing, I ran across the river and tried to do CPR but the kid was already dead. I didn't know him, but hearing his mother wail is hard to shake off.

I've saw two police officers shoot and kill a guy and injure his brother in a fucked up situation. It wasn't as obviously bad as the stories circulating now, but the official story was far from the truth.

A close friend OD'd, and when you were so close because you did drugs together, seeing them in the casket is never easy.

Recently the story about that dudes old dog getting kidnapped then kicked to death with the sick fuck(s) returning the body with a note laughing about it.

That shit is sad, I don't care who you are.

So my uncle, my dad's brother, was in a car accident in 1980. He spent a few weeks in a coma and died. Here is the kicker, he died 2 days after his son (my cousin) was born. Smash cut to 18 years later. My cousin collapses in his living room from a brain aneurysm. He he spent a month in a coma and died. The saddest thing I ever saw was when we found out. We lived a few hours away and me and my dad drove to the hospital. When we got there my grandpa saw us and basically collapsed into my dad's arms just crying and saying "It's happening again, it's just like David" I never knew my uncle but from what everyone said, my cousin was basically a mirror image of him in every way. My cousin was, in a way, the link for my grandparents to their dead son. And then they basically had to re-live the tragedy. He was the closest thing to a big brother I ever had. Even though it was 17 years ago, it still chokes me up thinking about it.

Recently the story about that dudes old dog getting kidnapped then kicked to death with the sick fuck(s) returning the body with a note laughing about it.

That shit is sad, I don't care who you are.

No shit I would be laying some vengeance on the assholes who did that when I found them. Like Denzel Washington Man of Fire type vengeance.

Someone once posted a GoFundMe here for some kind of cosmetic breast surgery for their wife.

Probably that one video of the Chinese toddler getting run over by a van. That shit was emotional

I saw some very sad sad sights in India. Women lying on the side of the street holding their children who literally looked like they were at deaths door. Also saw a lot of kids scuttling around begging for rupees with some of the most mind boggling deformities, some of whom are supposedly maimed by their own parents so as to make them more appear more pitiful and subsequently more effective beggars.

Last edited:
read the first 4 posts and almost cried. im outta this thread

My mother's physical decline to terminal illness was pretty shitty.

The thing that came to me when I read the thread title though was from when I was roughly 13 years old, I was at my grandparents house one evening, I stayed with them while my mother was at work. My grandfather and I were watching Tv and the phone rang. My grandmother answered the phone and she listens to someone for a minute and says

"Could you hold on for one minute please?Thanks."
She comes into the living room where my grandfather and I were and she says to mygrandfather- "My baby has cancer and has 6 months to live," and then just fell apart. It was my aunt who had terminal cancer and it was her doctor on the phone.

I remember it being so surreal because my grandparents weren't emotional people and as the years have passed, I realize that I've never seen such emotional devastation before in my life, watching my grandfather reach up from his chair to embrace my grandmother as she shook and sobbed.

I've never seen anything like it in person and I hope never do again.

This thread has stuck in my mind the last day or so. I have seen some horrific things but the worst thing I ever saw was my mother after my uncle died suddenly. I have seen a lot of gory things and dealt with death and been around people who have just found out a loved one is dead but it was the most haunting moment of my life.

He was the youngest of my uncles and my mother is the oldest of the siblings. She would have been in her late teens/early twentys when he was a baby. Held him changed him played with him. My mother emigrated but was always back every opportunity.

I was with her when she got a call that I didnt pay attention to, people answer the phone say 'hi such and such....' then it becomes background noise to me. I hear a slam and as I turn my head to see what it was I hear a cry of 'NO' as I face my mother I see her banging both hands on the table (she dropped the phone) over and over again and screaming NO NO NO NO getting louder and louder! she the ran screaming, my mind was fucked 'whats happended?' I was panicking. She started screaming 'my brother is dead my brother is dead No No No'. I picked up the phone and asked who it was, it was one of my other uncles who said he was dead and had no other info.

My mother is harder then most men could dream of being but she curled into a ball and screamed, cried then screamed more. Seeing my mother like that was hard

Someone once posted a GoFundMe here for some kind of cosmetic breast surgery for their wife.

There was a dude in the OT a few years back who made a deal with his wife that he would pay for her tit implants if she agreed to let him put it in her ass once a week. LOL.

Back