Saddest MMA pictures of all time

Some of them are told not to by fighters that have too much pride to quit.

It's a complicated situation...As a trainer do you take it into your hands to save your fighter and maybe cause a falling out because of trust issues. Or do you listen to him and let him bang bro even of you know he is dying in there.

I wouldn't want to be a cornerman for that.
If I see that he’s taking a beating and he can’t win, I’ll throw the towel! JDS obviously lost all his punching power after the first two rounds so he was never going to win. These 2 fights took like 5 years out of JDS’s career

Got ya. Just seems like fighters like Nog and Cro Cop get a pass while Andy and Jones get crucified by hardcores.
Nope, all of them. Even the ones I like ala Cyborg. My favorite fighter of all time is Rashad Evans. If he failed a drug test, I would call him a scumbag too.

If I see that he’s taking a beating and he can’t win, I’ll throw the towel! JDS obviously lost all his punching power after the first two rounds so he was never going to win. These 2 fights took like 5 years out of JDS’s career

If it were only that cut and dry for every situation. I agree the fights should have been stopped, either by ref or corner, but at the same time I can't judge theirs or their fighter's decision to stay in. In the end, it isn't our job or our place when we don't know them.

If it were only that cut and dry for every situation. I agree the fights should have been stopped, either by ref or corner, but at the same time I can't judge theirs or their fighter's decision to stay in. In the end, it isn't our job or our place when we don't know them.
its easier said than done of course, I just feel that just like the referee has to stop the fight if he feels that the fighter is in danger, the corner has to do the same thing.

Literally none of them. Were sad pictures

its easier said than done of course, I just feel that just like the referee has to stop the fight if he feels that the fighter is in danger, the corner has to do the same thing.

It's true, but the referee has no real vested interest or emotion in regards to the fighters, the corner does. Their decision to throw in the towel can have way more negative effects to team morale and the bonds of trust and confidence between coach and fighter.

That's why I said I wouldn't want to be a coach/cornerman, compared to a ref...They have more on their mind/plate to deal with after it's done.

The ref calls it, and if it's a good call...It's a good call. If it's a bad stoppage, he will get boo'd and haters will hate, but life goes on. For the coach, it could lead to in-fighting in the team. More shit to deal with as a whole.

oWskLnH.jpg

"Oops"

Nope, all of them. Even the ones I like ala Cyborg. My favorite fighter of all time is Rashad Evans. If he failed a drug test, I would call him a scumbag too.

I still love Jones and think he is the greatest to ever do MMA but I get it if people do not include him in GOAT talks because of the PED usage.

Fedor and Coleman fought Coleman had his girls ringside. Fedor pounded him out when Coleman got up and the fight was over he brought his children of the cornesq children in the ring who were balling their eyes out after seeing their dad get hammered ( pun intended) then he went over and had a super awkward exchange with fedor where it looked like fedor didn't even understand him and gave him like a little love tap on the face then didn't again. It was the only 2 punches he landed the whole fight. Just such an awkward moment
Awe that’s brutal. I have to find that fight.

Yeah, Fedor didn’t look like he appreciate or understand those taps to the face but remained cool.

Not checking again to see if this was here already, sorry if it is...

valerie-letourneau-of-canada-weighs-in-during-the-ufc-193-weighin-at-picture-id497043634

Back