Saddest MMA moments

Forrest Griffin getting embarrassed by Anderson was sad to watch.

Carlos Condits leg blowing when he fought Woodley.

When fedor tapped werdums leg,the reverberations from his hand hitting flesh sent shockwaves that circled the earth three times

66z2n7.jpg

evans_liddell_ko_2.gif

shogun-liddell-knockout-gif.gif

ibkwfc.jpg

The only time I've cried was when pulver lost to Vasquez, then apologized to all of his fans for disappointing us while he struggled to hold himself back from crying.

The only time that I've seen multiple people cry was when I watched jones destroy shogun in an all pro-shogun group.

Silva breaking his leg is easily #1. I wanted him to lose but not like that.

Ronda getting humiliated was sad but satisfying.

In general the saddest thing in MMA for me is to watch a whole generation of fighters go out on their shields. Chuck, Randy, Wand, Shogun, BJ. To accept that their time has past is pretty sad.

The only time I've cried was when pulver lost to Vasquez, then apologized to all of his fans for disappointing us while he struggled to hold himself back from crying.

that was hard to watch

Randleman dying was the saddest thing lately, people will always win or lose.

ComplexRepulsiveDore.gif

To see a true icon and one of the most dominant fighters in history go out like this was just brutal

that was hard to watch
For added discomfort, Jens was the guy that got me into mma.
The first event I watched was ufc 35, and I was introduced to it by my cousin, who told me:
1. Pulver was an awesome bad ass
And
2. He was fighting superman mixed with gumby

That fight still gives me chills,, and I will always be a lil evil fan.

Bones Jones eviscerating Shogun. I was so excited to watch Shogun's 1st title defense at Applebees after work. I wondered the MANY different ways Shogun would stop him while working. Fuck.

I took one look at size difference and knew shogun had no chance even though I was a big fan

ComplexRepulsiveDore.gif

To see a true icon and one of the most dominant fighters in history go out like this was just brutal

"One of the most dominant fighters in history" ???! Seriously?

This one was really sad. And the ref, like wtf are you doing. Even Aoki was like, "Come on ref stop the fight already!" There is no doubt it hurt Aoki to put on that beating, because Saku is one of his heros.

I still don't understand how Japan lets a living legend like Sakuraba waste away.

I still don't understand how Japan lets a living legend like Sakuraba waste away.

I think they are more understanding of his will and desire to keep fighting,even if there is no chance of victory.its why fighters who were once great but have a long losing streak still are respected,and the fans have long memories... But its like...i dont want to see a man incapable of defending himself get in there,anymore.

When Edmund tarverdyan went to court for multiple infringements of the law

Aldo losing in 13 seconds, he deserved better than that being the long reigning champ.

Also Kimbo vs Ken Shamrock in Bellator was pretty sad, even when im not a fan of him or anything.

Back