Saddest MMA moments

I still have not come to terms with Zuffa taking ownership of Pride, it has been downhill since.

Loved watching Scaub ride his bike lol. Nothing sad about that.

To this day I don't understand why Schaub gets nuclear hate on Sherdog. Granted he was a Ronda clit hugger and they were dating at one point, but I find it overly excessive.

Big Frankie fan here and I was ecstatic the first two times that he beat BJ. The last fight though was sad to see a legend like BJ get owned like that and fight in that weird stance too. From the KO to the post fight presser the entire thing wasn't fulfilling.

To this day I don't understand why Schaub gets nuclear hate on Sherdog. Granted he was a Ronda clit hugger and they were dating at one point, but I find it overly excessive.

I agree. He didn't seem too bad on TUF 10. He for sure wasn't the biggest d-bag on the show and other than some shit talking that all fighters do I haven't seen anything from him that was especially controversial.

aldo-mcgregor-ufc-fight-gif-2.gif

Forest losing to Silva and running out of the cage.

Chuck losing his chin.

The day they signed CM punk

Hi.

There are many losses that I find sad but the very saddest things go beyond that.

Some good answers on this thread already:

- Evan Tanner's untimely death. In fact, Evan Tanner's inner demons that drove him to do the sort of thing that killed him.
- Kevin Randleman's death.
- Frank Shamrock basically ending Igor Zinoviev's career with a slam
- Pride putting one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time (Sakuraba) up against much larger opponents again and again until he broke, and well past the point it was clear that he wasn't able to deal with the larger opponents any more
- When Zuffa killed Pride.

I'll add:
- Ryan Bennett's untimely death. I got to meet and spend some time with both Ryan and Evan and liked both a great deal, so both deaths hit me hard.
- Randy losing a championship fight to a stupid cut from Vitor's first punch.

Crocop getting Crocop'd, didn't want anything to do with MMA for like a month after that. Still don't like watching that.

When I heard Matt Grice had been in a car accident and had received a serious brain injury is probably the saddest single moment. That hit me right in the feels, especially after earlier that year putting on one of the greatest fights I have ever seen against Dennis Bermudez.

Also TJ Grant's issues with concussions.

Anytime a fighters career is tragically cut short really.

I feel that misha was tormented and psychologically abused pretty badly by the good role model and was a bit sad to see it.
I also felt bad for Aldo, that whole world tour thing was a long torture for him.
Feel bad for jhonny to, didn't see the gsp fight but lots people say bigg rigg won, maybe they didn't even liked jhonny they were just sick of gsp lol, then that firt Lawler fight it was close even though jhonny freakin brought it and rig by fully won, you could see how nervous he was during the decision announcement then he got robbed and lost the title, got hospitalized in the woodly thing and just recently got knocked out.
Oh and yeah, he lost his restaurant.

Felt a bit bad for Marquardt too when he quit against gastelum, he looked completely done

For me, nothing tops Machida getting knocked out for the first time in his MMA career.

I was in Kandahar when Fedor lost to Werdum. I couldn't watch the fight so i didn't want to hear the result until i could watch, but some guy at the next table mentioned it. I don't get emotional about MMA but this one got to me.

Anderson losing to Weidman was probably the saddest for me... Especially to lose like that to that guy... I have a feeling that history will not look kindly on Weidman's title reign.

When aldo was knocked out I avoided anything mma for a week or so. I was disappointed how fast it was after all the hype.

The recent one was Hall landing that spinning kick on Mousasi after being completely outclassed. It is just so wrong for a fighter with as much skill and mystique as Mousasi getting finished the same was as an inexperienced TUF'er that was caught by the same kick.

It's mostly because of the bullshit he pulled in his Metamoris. He literally refused to grapple in a grappling match. Then his coach Rener Gracie defended him in a Gracie breakdown

Back