Saddest MMA moments

I won't post the video since it's pretty graphic, but when Jamie Varner broke his ankle in the first round against James Krause, and painstakingly tried to fight with it throughout the rest of the round as his foot constantly rolled under his leg.

Never felt more sorry for a fighter, but had an endless amount of respect for Varner for still trying to fight through the pain of a gruesome injury. Balls of steel.

Yup, that one was quite gross. I won't forget it.
In such extreme cases, referees should be able to stop the fight.

01.jpg

That portion was pretty difficult to watch.

Kinda saw Shogun Shael coming. Shogun had an incredibly boxing centric camp with Freddi Roach and I was like "why the Hel is he focusing so much on stand up when he already eats Shael alive in that department? Drill TDD and BJJ like it's going out of existence".

When Fedor announced his retirement after the Bigfoot fight, also.

When Chris Leben got beaten senseless by Uriah Hall. I felt so bad for Leben, especially since everyone kind of knew after that, it was probably the end of his career.

It was also immensely difficult watching BJ Penn get clowned and chewed up by Rory MacDonald.

Conor vs Aldo - 10 years of domination ending in 13 seconds. While he has recovered physically, he continues to struggle mentally.

Schaub vs Rothwell - the invisible ladder was a metaphorical exclamation point for that ko.

Danny Castillo begging for forgiveness.

When Rory dropped in the fifth. I was super sad, I always felt he was supposed to be the WW champ to replace gsp, like it was his destiny or something lololol. He had it going into the fifth and he dropped, showed insane heart in that fight. My favorite fighter, I still believe he will be champ someday. Sooner then later to. Real talent he is.

Adding rounds
Tanner
Dudes like Penn still trying to fight
The transition from UFC to WWE.

When Rockhold dominated Machida... then Yoel looked like he would have put Machida in a coma.

BJ Penn and that idiotic stance in his last fight. That really broke my heart. It was a blatant reminder that he still surrounded himself by yes men who don't have the guts to call out such nonsense.

Any of Chucks ko losses.

Shogun being t/ko'd by Hendo.

Gus losing to Jones.

AA losing to Stipe. I like Miocic, but I wanted AA get another title shot.

Pride merging to UFC (was bitter sweet)

When McGesus losses.

Evan Tanner passing away!!!

giphy.gif

Watching Dana shit all over one of his greatest and most humble champs, GSP.

jones shogun by far... avoided anything mma related for a good 10 days...

Conor vs Aldo - 10 years of domination ending in 13 seconds. While he has recovered physically, he continues to struggle mentally.

Schaub vs Rothwell - the invisible ladder was a metaphorical exclamation point for that ko.

Danny Castillo begging for forgiveness.

Loved watching Scaub ride his bike lol. Nothing sad about that.

Back