Sad but true(jones truths)

All that shit he talked on DC and he had a needle in his ass the whole time.

I dont think hes as bad as everyone makes him out to be , hes definitaly a dick though. Its not like he hit the pregnant lady on purpose shit was an accident .I agree with the rest though.
Everybody makes mistakes in life. I've gotten a few duis in my younger days, thankfully never hurt anybody. The accident wasn't the real issue to me at all, it was running back to grab his cash and not even caring about the person he injured that made it so despicable imo.

The bottom line on his legacy is gonna be when he comes back, he is not gonna be able to do the poke in the eye thing and without peds he'll have a more conservative style like vs OSP but probably even slower. If he starts losing all his legacy goes in the trash because people will say he only won due to cheating/ illegal moves.
However LHW is a total wasteland, the worst divison for prospects, even HW has better prospects. I really doubt a 40 year old Cormier is gonna beat him. But he looked BAD vs OSP, Teixeira demolished OSP while Jones seemed puzzled, if he fights like that from now on i can see people knocking him out because of his inability to finish a fight.

He's not gonna stop using, none of them are IMO. They'll just (try to) learn how to hide it better.

In the cage he was a helluv a fighter . But outside ....I understand he left the car crash scene ? WTF ? You injured somebody ( let`s forget it was a pregnant women ) and you simply leave ? How can you do this ? F..... dumb ......

The bottom line on his legacy is gonna be when he comes back, he is not gonna be able to do the poke in the eye thing and without peds he'll have a more conservative style like vs OSP but probably even slower. If he starts losing all his legacy goes in the trash because people will say he only won due to cheating/ illegal moves.
However LHW is a total wasteland, the worst divison for prospects, even HW has better prospects. I really doubt a 40 year old Cormier is gonna beat him. But he looked BAD vs OSP, Teixeira demolished OSP while Jones seemed puzzled, if he fights like that from now on i can see people knocking him out because of his inability to finish a fight.

If he was using this whole time,and then hes not,his confidence is gonna be shot.

I dont think hes as bad as everyone makes him out to be , hes definitaly a dick though. Its not like he hit the pregnant lady on purpose shit was an accident .I agree with the rest though.
It was the running away on purpose, returning to grab the cash 'n stash and then running away on purpose again after the accident which make people think poorly of Jones, I think.

If he was using this whole time,and then hes not,his confidence is gonna be shot.
There'll be some serious changes in hs training, strength, cardio etc as well. If he's a long term user this could really affect his performance negatively.

Aside from his obviously extraordinary talent,the reason people liked jones was he could abuse guys that he didnt like and get away with it,like the stuff he did to Rashad,Rampage,and DC. He took extra effort to clown those guys. Some people like that,wish they could do that to people. "hey im the best,fuckling EAT IT,bitch,choke on it"

When you think about him cheating,while having this attitude,it basically makes him unlikable.

I dont care what these guys do outside octagon. That why I never hated Conor Jones or the other guys with suspect character. They are not my family I dont have to live with them. I care what they do inside. I am here for fights not soap opera. Jones does cheese in there so I never liked him as a fighter.

Mike Tyson is a druggie rape asaults and so on but prolly my fav fighter ever until ear biting.

Last edited:
Everybody makes mistakes in life. I've gotten a few duis in my younger days, thankfully never hurt anybody. The accident wasn't the real issue to me at all, it was running back to grab his cash and not even caring about the person he injured that made it so despicable imo.

Yea this plus the he makes it out like the whole world is out to get him instead of being like I'm an idiot.

Like all he had to do was stop drinking and the rest would go away.

It's always someone else's fault with this guy , or gods plan to keep throwing him messed up situations to test his faith.

Yea this plus the he makes it out like the whole world is out to get him instead of being like I'm an idiot.

Like all he had to do was stop drinking and the rest would go away.

It's always someone else's fault with this guy , or gods plan to keep throwing him messed up situations to test his faith.
Exactly. For a "man of faith" he surely has no moral character to speak of.

I don't... These guys can't be at every fighters dinner table and see who's eating broccoli or estrogen or blockers or estrogen blockers

in so far as the peds and stuff go, yeah, i agree, but as far as his lifestyle issues (teh drinking, drugs, hit and run and the like) i have a hard time believing that none of his coaches had any idea as to what was going on with his lifestyle and personal life.

im not suggesting what (if anything) they ought to have done, but i do harken back to countless jackson interviews where he espouses the importance of family and his team being like family (though he did refuse to corner a jackson fighter against a non-jackson fighter).

i just dont know.

Not on purpose, but what kind of POS runs away without checking on her, then comes back to grab shit out of their car and still doesnt check on the women.
Atleast when AJ threw that fat chicks pillow or whatever, he issued a public apology. Where is Jon's public apology for breaking that pregnant women's arm?

the "Jones is the best fighter eva" train left the station a long time ago.

all thats left are some empty syringes and a handful of delusional survivors

LOL who did he beat down that WASN'T on steroids or as the legit cheaters call it "TRT"?

Aside from his obviously extraordinary talent,the reason people liked jones was he could abuse guys that he didnt like and get away with it,like the stuff he did to Rashad,Rampage,and DC. He took extra effort to clown those guys. Some people like that,wish they could do that to people. "hey im the best,fuckling EAT IT,bitch,choke on it"

When you think about him cheating,while having this attitude,it basically makes him unlikable.
He is extremely unlikable.

Still the best LHW fighter the UFC has ever seen though.

Back