Sabina Mazo War Wagon

After seeing that Kish fight it was clear. Then I saw she had a loss to Moroz and it was guaranteed.

Back to Invicta imo

She just looks like a tall chick who took a couple of kickboxing classes. No real athleticism, speed, power, or ground skill. Losing to Alexis Davis is the death touch for any UFC career.

Amanda Nunes lost to Davis. Plus she is only 23 she has a decade and a half to get better

She just looks like a tall chick who took a couple of kickboxing classes. No real athleticism, speed, power, or ground skill. Losing to Alexis Davis is the death touch for any UFC career.

Davis is tough vet with relentless pressure on the feet (albeit un-refined), and a solid ground game on top of that. There's no shame in losing to her when you're like 23 years old.

Last edited:
200.gif

Lol it was pretty much just me hyping her. Still a fan, she needs to get back to 125 ASAP.

She'll improve. Every young fighter gets the vet test eventually. She got hers at 23 years old. Plenty of time for Sabina to learn from this.

Lol it was pretty much just me hyping her. Still a fan, she needs to get back to 125 ASAP.

How dare you get behind a fighter, what do you think this is, a fight forum?!

She'll improve. Every young fighter gets the vet test eventually. She got hers at 23 years old. Plenty of time for Sabina to learn from this.
Exactly. She's still so early in her career.

Sheesh that was a horrible performance even for WMMA standards. Alexis Davis still getting wins in 2021 is crazy

I am surprised Davis hasn't retired yet. Her last fight was summer 2019, she is currently on a 3-fight losing streak and hasn't won since 2017. I would be shocked if Mazo does not win this fight.

Wow! Was I ever wrong. I didn't think Davis had a chance and given everything stacked against her she should not have won that fight.

Sheesh that was a horrible performance even for WMMA standards. Alexis Davis still getting wins in 2021 is crazy

It is hard to believe that a battle-worn, 36-year old veteran who hadn't won a fight since 2017 and is coming off a lengthy period of sitting out would lose to an up and coming fighter. How does that happen?

Seeing all the Erick Silva-esque comments.

<36>

It is hard to believe that a battle-worn, 36-year old veteran who hadn't won a fight since 2017 and is coming off a lengthy period of sitting out would lose to an up and coming fighter. How does that happen?

People forget that Davis has a couple wins over Carmouche and got straight up robbed against Chookagian, and also, matchups matter. Davis tends to do poorly against explosive fighters like Araujo and was beaten everywhere by Maia, but neither of those describe Mazo. Sabina is a Diaz type volume striker who isn't fast or explosive and she doesn't have the fast twitch to pop back up to her feet when she gets taken down, nor is she particularly hard to take down if you go after her legs.

Davis isn't known for her striking but it's solid enough to stay with a surprising number of fighters in her division. The takedown threat took away Mazo's kicks which are her best weapon and from there Davis was able to work her overall striking game on her to chop out the leg, make Mazo throw bad kicks, and get the takedowns and control she needed to win the fight.

Back