Sabas Supersoft 2.0 14oz Review

Anyone have any idea how the Sabas Super Softs compare to their triple cuffs (apart from the obvious difference in the cuffs)? I've been told that the padding is different all around, and that the latter is more densely padded, but does anyone know more specific details on the differences?

Absolutely love the profile of my sabas triple cuffs. Rm is right in saying that it is slightly denser than the SS padding, yet a bit thinner. I want to say it's dual density double layer latex...pretty common for most Mexican style gloves. And the wrist...I love them chunky wrist casts!

Thanks, guys! That's helpful. I think I might order myself a pair.

I love my R2C C-17s (16oz), but I consistently punch through the padding and I always have sore knuckles after bag work. I was thinking of getting 12oz for the bag, but based on your review, rmphilmacrac, I might get the 14oz—would you guys recommend the 14oz over the 12oz for the bag? I'm 160 lbs and I've been using 16oz for bag and pad work.

I've mentioned this in another thread, but my 12oz Supersofts are more protective in terms of knuckle protection and shock absorption than some of the 16oz gloves I own. I love my 12oz SS for pad and mitt work. 14 seems like a good compromise in profile and weight to be used as an all around training glove with plenty protection.

I love my R2C C-17s (16oz), but I consistently punch through the padding and I always have sore knuckles after bag work. I was thinking of getting 12oz for the bag, but based on your review, rmphilmacrac, I might get the 14oz—would you guys recommend the 14oz over the 12oz for the bag? I'm 160 lbs and I've been using 16oz for bag and pad work.
The new foam used in the new SSs is amazing man. Any size you go with will protect your knuckles better than the C17s. That being said id go with 14oz because its a good middle ground for everything and the overall size is still pretty compact

I've mentioned this in another thread, but my 12oz Supersofts are more protective in terms of knuckle protection and shock absorption than some of the 16oz gloves I own. I love my 12oz SS for pad and mitt work. 14 seems like a good compromise in profile and weight to be used as an all around training glove with plenty protection.

You're referring to the black Super Soft 1.0 12oz right?

I have those as well, and I'm amazed at how good the knuckle protection is considering they are very soft.

I'm pretty sure a custom made 12oz version of their current SS 2.0 would be even better, considering that the outer layer is more dense now.

In addition to the fact that I have the 16oz SS 2.0, excellent clone of Winning for sure.

Only thing I don't like is the super tight fit, which I am still breaking in for optimal comfort. I wonder if it's because of the metallic gold leather that's making it so difficult to break in.

My black 12oz SS1 was a perfect fit, definitely looser than my 16oz SS2.

The new foam used in the new SSs is amazing man. Any size you go with will protect your knuckles better than the C17s. That being said id go with 14oz because its a good middle ground for everything and the overall size is still pretty compact

I agree. The C17s are great and all, but the Sabas SS2 is even better.

As for the Sabas SS1 12oz, they felt like a clone of my Winning 10oz fight gloves (Ms300, not the Ms300b which is Winning's Velcro training 10oz model; which is even more protective and probably the most protective 10oz glove on this planet) because of how soft and super protective they are.

Thanks so much...That's helpful. And, rmphilcamrac, do you prefer your Sabas supersofts to the triple cuffs?

You should try Winning's NG2 gel knuckle guards to go with your C17s. The C17s have one of the roomiest glove compartments I have experienced, so fitting in a pair of knuckle guards would be easier.

Or check out Sabas current Super Soft gloves, a great Winning inspired model.

They only have 14oz and 16oz so you would have to custom order a 12oz.

You should try Winning's NG2 gel knuckle guards to go with your C17s. The C17s have one of the roomiest glove compartments I have experienced, so fitting in a pair of knuckle guards would be easier.

Or check out Sabas current Super Soft gloves, a great Winning inspired model.

They only have 14oz and 16oz so you would have to custom order a 12oz.
Thanks, deh707. Yeah, I do have the NG2s and they do help ameliorate the lack of padding in the C17s. I just hate wrapping my hands with them. I always end up either wrapping my hands too tight when they're on so that the blood stops flowing or I wrap them too loose, resulting in my skin rubbing off on my knuckles.

Last edited:
Thanks so much...That's helpful. And, rmphilcamrac, do you prefer your Sabas supersofts to the triple cuffs?
Honestly either one man. Maybe SS but the normal Sabas gloves are absolutely incredible. I just hate the palm side padding on the normal models

Last edited:
Honestly either one man. Maybe SS but the normal Sabas gloves are absolutely incredible. I just hate the palm side padding on the normal models

Whaaaat?! You mean you're not a fan of the chunky wrist? Haha jk man. I personally fancy the fiber filling when stuffed properly. The combo filling in the SS 2.0 was actually something I asked Topboxer about back when he did my customs. He wasn't so sure about the idea and went with straight EVA.

Whaaaat?! You mean you're not a fan of the chunky wrist? Haha jk man. I personally fancy the fiber filling when stuffed properly. The combo filling in the SS 2.0 was actually something I asked Topboxer about back when he did my customs. He wasn't so sure about the idea and went with straight EVA.
Haha yeah man i mean its definitely not bad to use fiber filling but i think EVA is superior. More support and it takes up less room which means more room for wraps which again means even more support.

I HATED the fiber filling in the original Sabas gloves like i didnt even want to use my blue ones because of it but its grown on me, i dont mind it at all now. I definitely prefer EVA and try to avoid fiber but if a glove has fiber its whatever. Like my TU DAs, theyre fiber filling too but i love those gloves.

Edit on the inner wrist padding of the SS 2.0...

Seems to be EVA and a low density foam combo, not fiber fill. I'm probably looming on this a little longer than I should be but I've been playing with the gloves for the past couple of days and have been noticing everything. And I mean EVERYTHING! Down to the way the foam sounds when it's squeezed or depressed. I think the padding may be wrapped or laminated, which wouldn't be uncommon since some companies do this to prevent the padding from absorbing moisture.

Trying to take the best qualities of the gloves I own for ideas for a new pair of customs:)

Edit on the inner wrist padding of the SS 2.0...

Seems to be EVA and a low density foam combo, not fiber fill. I'm probably looming on this a little longer than I should be but I've been playing with the gloves for the past couple of days and have been noticing everything. And I mean EVERYTHING! Down to the way the foam sounds when it's squeezed or depressed. I think the padding may be wrapped or laminated, which wouldn't be uncommon since some companies do this to prevent the padding from absorbing moisture.

Trying to take the best qualities of the gloves I own for ideas for a new pair of customs:)
Ive noticed that sound too man. Im pretty sure the normal Sabas gloves make that same sound when you press down on the foam

Thanks, guys. I ended up ordering the Sabas TC 16oz. lace-up pair (white, navy blue, and gold trim). I'm hoping the dense foam means it'll hold up longer to abuse on the heavy bag. Also, I've gotten the impression that there's more feedback with the TC. So I'm looking forward to that.

I'll keep you all updated! If anyone is interested in my second brand new pair of 12oz. lace-up R2C C-17 2.0s (white) let me know! I need to sell some gear to afford the Sabas pair...

I've never tried the SS, so I can't say. But I'm sure someone else on here knows the answer to that. rmphilmacrac?
Overall the C17 might have better wrist support because the back of the wrist is padded with more firm padding.

Palm side padding is pretty much the same, SS might have a slight edge.

Knuckle padding and stuff though the C17s are softer and i can punch through 16oz. SS 14oz though i havent punched through thats why i always tell people it feels almost identical to Winning.

Here's a quick comparison pic for those that are interested. 12oz SS, 16oz SS 2.0, 16oz TC.

Any word on whether the Supersoft will be offered as a hook and loop velcro version?

Back