Sabas SuperSoft 12oz Gloves Review

rmphilmacrac

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anything Winning inspired, Winning replicas, slightly Winning looking, I have to own. When I first saw these I instantly noticed they looked similar to Winning. I sent an email to double check and I was right, these are Winning inspired. Beautiful looking gloves for sure and more of a Winning clone than the C17s as well. That being said though they arent 100% replicas but they're similar for sure.

Look

These things look incredible. Beautiful, shiny, soft, smooth leather. Amazing sleek design, perfect contrast of the black base from the white piping. No complaints at all when it comes to looks.

The quality and feel of the leather is more similar to that of Winnings than that of the C17s. It doesnt beat Winnings but it has that type of soft, glossy style. Calling these gloves the, “SuperSoft,” models was a great decision. I didnt exactly understand the name until I got them.

As I mentioned these are inspired by Winning so the overall look is very identical. More close to replicas than the C17s are, to the point where the stitching patterns are even more similar to Winning. They are a little more flat than Winnings but that doesnt take away from the great design at all.

Quality/Construction/Padding

Exceptional quality and construction, the most well made gear that I own of Sabas for sure. Like i mentioned earlier the leather is amazing and the stitching just complements it. Everything is done very cleanly, almost perfectly. No complaints at all over the quality or the construction, no major flaws, nothing.

The padding is layered, just like Winning. Its softer than Winning though. Right out the box these things were completely broken in, very easy to open and close your hand. They feel about the same as my 12oz C17s, maybe slightly softer. I've sparred in these and had people punch me around in them as well, they’re great sparring gloves. Because of the soft padding they protect not only you, but your sparring partner as well. Sabas will be coming out with some 14oz models again too with some minor changes which means even better gloves. To quote them, "the colors will be sharp," so even more gear to look forward to.

Liner/Ventilation

The Liner is similar to Winning’s but not as soft and smooth. Its a great liner though, I prefer it over Sabas’ usual liner. Theres nothing more to say about it really, it does its job to manage sweat, its comfortable, great choice of a liner for sure. The gloves lack vent holes but its no deal breaker, they dont heat up like crazy.

Comfort/Thumb/Hand Compartment

Due to them being Winning style, these gloves are extremely comfortable. The broken in padding, the liner, the straight thumb, everything falls into place to make a very comfortable glove. Its easy to make a perfect fist in these things too.

These gloves also have a thumb more similar to Winning’s. The thumb is slightly longer and the tip of my thumb has more room as opposed to the C17’s shorter thumb. The straight thumb, the padding, everything overall allows you to make an ideal fist. The thumb even resembles Winning’s more closely than the C17s.

The hand compartment in these is much better than both my 16oz and 14oz Sabas lace up and bag gloves. Because of the gloves slightly flattened profile they offer a more comfortable hand compartment. The wrist compartment is also 100x better due to the different padding used which not only offers more support but more room as well.

Performance/Protection/Wrist Support

These gloves are excellent all around gloves. I'll probably be using them for mitts and light sparring though no bag work only because I prefer to use bigger gloves for the bag. Great all around gloves though with an emphasis on sparring. These can go toe to toe with the C17s any day so anything you do with them, you'll be able to do with these.

These gloves offer excellent protection, I havent hurt my hands at all in them. The padding does a great job at absorbing shock. The wrist support going back is a little weak because I wear these gloves a little loose. I ran out of elastic laces and havent ordered any yet so I keep the gloves loose but even so I havent hurt my wrists in these. The support is again comparable to the C17s when laced up correctly. Forward wrist support is great though. Instead of using their standard palm side padding, Sabas implemented a more firm EVA foam with a slimmer profile, again similar to Winning’s. Not only does that offer more support but as I mentioned earlier it also offers more room for the wrist and wraps. The forward wrist support is actually slightly better than the C17s.

Weight

These weighed in at 12.9oz for the left and 12.8oz for the right. A little off on the weight but nothing drastic. They're a little top heavy too.

Cost

These go for around $100 and I think they're currently on sale for $80. Whether you get them on sale or not though they're well worth the money. I have no complaints at all, a good Winning alternative, a good C17 rival.

http://www.sabasfightgear.com/apps/webstore/products/show/6238515

Overall

Amazing gloves, excellent quality and construction, excellent performance. I really have no complaints when it comes to these. They match the C17s and also edge them out on things like comfort and quality. They're very similar to Winnings. Sabas made an excellent glove and along with their other gloves these have become some of my favorites. I plan on getting their larger model once its released so Ill probably be updating this review. Overall though these gloves are incredible and can match some of the best gloves out there. Great option for anyone looking for good all around gloves.

+Quality
+Construction
+Padding
+Price
+Broken In
+Soft Leather
+Thumb
+Performance
+Liner
+/-Wrist Support
+/-"Small" Hand Compartment
+/-Only in black
-No Vent Holes
-Slightly off weight

3z40dZ5.jpg

2mvP7Uc.jpg

24ENDaw.jpg

MGbsaXz.jpg

8gO0Ed7.jpg

Wow that's a lot of pictures. Good job on this review rmphilmacrac!

It's good to know that more and more manufacturers are making similar quality gloves to Winnings, and for way more affordable price. The bigger the competition the better, maybe even Winnings are going to drop their price eventually.

In terms of Sabas and C17... It looks like Sabas are a little bit more compact aren't they? Even though they weight almost 13oz.

Wow that's a lot of pictures. Good job on this review rmphilmacrac!

It's good to know that more and more manufacturers are making similar quality gloves to Winnings, and for way more affordable price. The bigger the competition the better, maybe even Winnings are going to drop their price eventually.

In terms of Sabas and C17... It looks like Sabas are a little bit more compact aren't they? Even though they weight almost 13oz.
I think so or at least they give that illusion haha. The sabas are a little longer. Everything else though they seem smaller than the C17s. Thinner overall design.

Which do you prefer to use? Sabas or C17?
Hard to say man, i use my C17s more right now but thats only because i have a pair of 16oz too and i do more bag work than anything else at the moment.

As for 12oz, ive been using the Sabas more but really either pair works for me. I think i like my C17s a little more just because the liner is smoother and more like Winning. But the thumb is better on the Sabas, the wrist support is better. Honestly man either pair works for me thats why i said these gloves are a good Rival to the C17s. I never said these are better or worse, each gloves are better in certain aspects you know?

Im excited to see what Sabas' newer models are like. Whenever they come out ill try them out and see if they're better than the C17s. For the current price $80 SS's vs $100 C17s, the Sabas edge them out.

Another excellent review!!!!! Looks like Sabas is becoming a major player. Not to change the subject too much but that Sabas headgear I ordered for my friends birthday arrived and it is top notch!!!! Thank you for the review and recommendation!!!!

Your first review of Sabas gloves kind of threw me off, but these one are making me reconsider.... Wait THEY DONT SHIP TO CANADA !!!!! FML

Your first review of Sabas gloves kind of threw me off, but these one are making me reconsider.... Wait THEY DONT SHIP TO CANADA !!!!! FML

We ship all over the world. The only difference is that our prices only include shipping in the US, anyone can email us a complete mailing address to:
[email protected] for a complete and accurate shipping quote.

Thank you all for the good words, means alot. Thank you.

We ship all over the world. The only difference is that our prices only include shipping in the US, anyone can email us a complete mailing address to:

Thanks for clarifying that ;) Probably read it wrong. My bad. Youpppiii lol

@task im glad you liked the headgear man. That review will be coming out this or next weekend. Of all the headgears i have its probably my third favorite/best.

@kick i feel the same about Hayabusa haha. I like my Tokushus but im not willing to get more gear from them. Tokushus are about it. I plan on reviewing some Rival gloves but i need to save up a lot haha

I have pair of your Supersoft 12oz black laceups on the way.

Looking forward to using them for bagwork!

Just like the OP, anything that is inspired by Winning, I must have!

If I end up liking (which I probably will) the gloves, would it be possible to order a 16oz version?

I have pair of your Supersoft 12oz black laceups on the way.

Looking forward to using them for bagwork!

Just like the OP, anything that is inspired by Winning, I must have!

If I end up liking (which I probably will) the gloves, would it be possible to order a 16oz version?

Thank you, hope you do like them. We have 14oz set to be available in a couple weeks. 16oz are sure to follow before years end. Please sign up for our mailing list to be notified when new gear is set to release.

Thank you👍

@task im glad you liked the headgear man. That review will be coming out this or next weekend. Of all the headgears i have its probably my third favorite/best.

@kick i feel the same about Hayabusa haha. I like my Tokushus but im not willing to get more gear from them. Tokushus are about it. I plan on reviewing some Rival gloves but i need to save up a lot haha

Yeah I like it so much I want to keep it....lol. I will definitely be ordering one for myself. Too bad Moshin couldn't get his product out. Now its Sabas for me!!!!!

Yeah I like it so much I want to keep it....lol. I will definitely be ordering one for myself. Too bad Moshin couldn't get his product out. Now its Sabas for me!!!!!
Yeah that R2C headgears taking way too long. Ive lost interest

Back