Opinion Saagar Enjeti (The Hill): Dem, GOP Senators caught trading tens of million on stocks during pandemic

Anyone who thinks that politicians care about anyone but themselves is deluded. They all sell their soul at some point.

Sigggh.. what is this called again people? Were someone says something defeatest in order to derail or encourage Bothsidesism and or NOT voting?

I see this often. This illogical defeatest attitude

<{hfved}>

The people who regulate businesses and give contracts happened to guess right a lot, and also want to run their own elections? I gotta watch CNN to see how that makes total sense.

Last edited:
Sigggh.. what is this called again people? Were someone says something defeatest in order to derail or encourage Bothsidesism and or NOT voting?

It's not encouraging people to not vote unless your one of those useful idiots that just votes for someone because they have an R or a D next to their name. Both parties suck and the "i'm gona vote for the lesser of 2 evils" crowd has been helping 2 shitty and corrupt parties gain more power with little to nothing done for the people. That is the real defeatist attitude. Voting for someone you know sucks just because.

Anyone who thinks that politicians care about anyone but themselves is deluded. They all sell their soul at some point.

Globally politicians tend to be ideologues and do follow some higher ideology. Enriching yourself along the road is normal as people in white collar and police, fire department etc also do the same.

Statistically most people would do the same. Small corruption does not disprove ideology or intention.

It's not encouraging people to not vote unless your one of those useful idiots that just votes for someone because they have an R or a D next to their name. Both parties suck and the "i'm gona vote for the lesser of 2 evils" crowd has been helping 2 shitty and corrupt parties gain more power with little to nothing done for the people. That is the real defeatist attitude. Voting for someone you know sucks just because.

See usually this

Both parties are NOT equal. Policies do vary

Both parties members are NOT the same

Members within a party vary immensley some actually DO what their constituents vote for. Some are actually very popular.

This pandemic has been an excellent opportunity to funnel ever more funds into a select few hands at an increasing rate. Now tell me why those most benefitting from lockdowns would have interest in ending those lockdowns in a timely manner?

This would end the game.

28th Amendment

Only U.S. Citizens of voting age may donate to political campaigns. The limit per year is $5,000 per citizen in total contributions. A citizen may not donate to any campaign outside of their geographic impact.

Impact:

· No: foreign countries or citizens, corporations, unions, special interest groups can contribute.
· This includes all ballot measures.
· Citizens cannot donate to any politician or measure outside of their residency.​

If we want our country back, we have to take the money out of politics, but what politicians would vote for that? ... and yes, Citizens United was ridiculous. $ does not = Free Speech.

Globally politicians tend to be ideologues and do follow some higher ideology. Enriching yourself along the road is normal as people in white collar and police, fire department etc also do the same.

Statistically most people would do the same. Small corruption does not disprove ideology or intention.

See usually this

Both parties are NOT equal. Policies do vary

Both parties members are NOT the same

Members within a party vary immensley some actually DO what their constituents vote for. Some are actually very popular.

Keyword "some". Trump and Biden were both popular so they are both awesome right? Popular does not equal good. Both sides sling shit at each other and once in office, it's nothing but crumbs in terms of real policy. From healthcare, infrastructure, civil rights, accountability, etc. When you actually talk to people, we all really want similar things. There is a reason people still want to come to the "land of the free" even though we continually vote those freedoms away.

This would end the game.

28th Amendment

Only U.S. Citizens of voting age may donate to political campaigns. The limit per year is $5,000 per citizen in total contributions. A citizen may not donate to any campaign outside of their geographic impact.

Impact:

· No: foreign countries or citizens, corporations, unions, special interest groups can contribute.
· Citizens cannot donate to any politician or measure outside of their residency.​

If we want our country back, we have to take the money out of politics, but what politicians would vote for that? ... and yes, Citizens United was ridiculous. $ does not = Free Speech.

There was one guy that ran in 2016 and 2020 that ran on that. It wasn't the guy you voted for and cheerlead for. He didn't run as a Repubtard.

This would end the game.

28th Amendment

Impact:

I don't really understand the bold part. Would it mean, like, only Mar-a-Lago residents could donate to Trump 2024?

I don't really understand the bold part. Would it mean, like, only Mar-a-Lago residents could donate to Trump 2024?

A citizen may only donate to candidates that affect their residency. Any citizen can contribute to a Presidential Candidate. Only Californians can contribute California Senate candidates. Only those in a district can contribute to a given Congressional candidate, or state legislator, etc. George Soros could no longer contribute to all the District Attorney candidates throughout the nation. He could only donate to those in New York where he lives. Does that answer your question?

All elected members of congress should have their financial holdings placed in a blind trust for as long as they hold office.

For those who would find this restriction too onerous they can simply forego a career in public service. The public would be much better off without such people representing them anyway.

Such a restriction would probably also end up reducing the need for enforced term limits as a positive side effect.

I’m not discouraging people from voting. Just pointing out that politicians are a selfish bunch who only care about power and $. If you think that they care about the people who vote them in then you are deluded. They care a lot more about the special interests and corporations who get them there while filling their pockets.

Yeah Bro,

Trump is gonna run and fund his own campaign. He totally won't take money from big donors aka his entire cabinet.

Meanwhile there was Bernie running on a 100% grassroots campaign advocating for getting money out of politics. Something you only pretend to care about.

There was one guy that ran in 2016 and 2020 that ran on that. It wasn't the guy you voted for and cheerlead for. He didn't run as a Repubtard.

Neither did any of the Democrats. When they say they want to get bog mone out of politics, it's only the corporations they are talking about. They love their special interest and union donors more than life itself.

Yeah well said. Its one thing to say something like "both sides engage in corrupt behavior, therefore something is wrong with the incentive structure acting on politicians and we should try to change that" but more often than not its used to segue to what you're talking about here(defeatism, equivocation etc).

This has been the most Kumbaya thread I’ve seen in years. I wish we had Senators/Reps that ran on this platform

Neither did any of the Democrats. When they say they want to get bog mone out of politics, it's only the corporations they are talking about. They love their special interest and union donors more than life itself.

Lmao at your dumb ass equating big money with Unions. If Unions have so much money why has membership been in decline for decades? Why haven't they been able to stop anti union legislation?

But yeah retard, Billionaires like Betsy Devoss or Mnuchin are totally the same thing as a Union representing workers or an association representing medical practitioners. Your IQ would actually go up if your brains were replaced with dog shit.

Back