S

• Thread starter Deleted member 500785
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 500785

S

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think people dislike Jones as a person because of drugs; they dislike him because he’s not genuine.

Conor is 100% who he claims to be, and love him or hate him, he’s real.

Ofc not.

But the only reason Conor is so big now, is because of the Mayweather fight.

Jon is a great fighter, but barring the Rashad and DC fights, the pre-fight promo stuff was boring (from him anyway). I don't think he would have achieved the same 'notoriety' as Conor. Although he is/was very marketable.

At first I thought you meant size...

Jon-Jones-Conor.jpg

Then noticed you meant career wise...

jon-jones-shade-conor-mcgregor1.jpg

Jon on his best day is not as charismatic as Conor on his worst throwing a dolly at a bus.

I don’t think people dislike Jones as a person because of drugs; they dislike him because he’s not genuine.

If jones owned up to everything negative he does/did AND had conor's personality, I'd be a fan.

Jones would never be as big as Conor but he'd be big. The thing is, everytime Jones fought you knew you'd see the best fighter against a challenger. With Conor it's different. Conor is a killer and comes to fight, but he has holes and he can be exploited.

While Conor is stronger in some areas the Jones by far he also isn't nearly as well rounded. With Jones it was the way he took care of everyone in front of him in his journey to the belt. He elbowed fools into oblivion. He wrestled fools to the ground with suplexes. He threw fancy shit and it worked. His chin turned out to be granite at that time and he had cardio.

Charismatically speaking Jones won't do as well as Conor. Conor is wittier, knows how to take and give out insults and is a showman. Jones is just a sociopathic guy with a fake persona that could fight really fucking well.

he'd have to be Irish....

or a Scott

a black scott?
Fugedabout it
1 mil PPVs easy

no he snot lol

one of my old training partners is one of his main guys for years and that is not the same man in the gym and in rl as u see only when he gets on drugs does he act that way

Very few people have charisma and star potential like Conor does. Look how big he became, that doesn't happen everyday. Jones even without his fuck ups wouldn't become a huge star like Conor did.

Conor had it all.
Entertaining fights.
Predicted his wins.
Trash talk.
Charisma.
A country behind him.

Jones didn't have the full package, but he had most of it.

That's how hard it is to become a huge star. It takes something special.

Ofc not.

But the only reason Conor is so big now, is because of the Mayweather fight.

Which Conor got because he became massive in MMA for Mayweather to even take notice.

He doesn't get enough credit for even making the fight happen.

I think people forget how bad Jones initial persona in the UFC was

The fake holier than thou christian shit. People hated him more back then than they do now, and he's had two positive tests, a DUI, the cocaine thing, the hit and run and a million eye pokes since then

What would his career look like right about now? He was sponsored by Nike right?
A buffet of drugs? Marijuana and coke is a buffet of drugs?

drugs are drugs. If you drink coffee and smoke cigarettes you got two drugs right there. Who doesnt do a drug in this world.

Conor doesnt smoke weed or snort the dust lol? Yeah k

To answer your question, NO, because Conors personality is funny and has quick creative responses when on a mic. He appeals to the younger demographic who watch wrestling. Same reason in WWF The Rock and Stone Cold got big. They said hilarious shit nobody cared about their fake wrestling skill. Jon Jones is old school when it comes to talking shit on a mic. You can only brag about so many things and say so many curse words before it gets old. Not to mention he was a "Man of God" pre-Shogun fight, then "Thug Jones". Fans appreciate real fighters that dont care if fans like them or not.

No , Jones has built a legacy on the basis of taking PEDs and other drugs , his performances are tainted.

Think about it , why is it that Jones only started pissing hot when USADA came into the picture ? , The drug testing before USADA was a fucking joke , for fucksake you had Brock Lesnar testing clean under the old system.

The problem is Jones isn't charismatic when it comes to the ever-important mic skills. He's only interesting as a sociopathic heel bully, and that only works in grudge matches (IE: against Evans and Cormier). When he's not in a grudge match setting, he only generates like 300K buys.

Subconcious Racism/race bias.

Look at UFC history...the biggest names in all eras have all been white....Conor, Ronda, Brock, GSP, Lidell, Ken Shamrock, etc.

Black Fighters only sell if its black on black crime....This is why, Rampage was popular, since Rampage hated other black fighters like Jon Jones, Rashad, King Mo(I know not UFC)...Its also the same reason, Jon Jones sells best against Cormier.

319000_189486-ph.ufc_.0817-10-KB.jpg

The answer for all of this is very simple.

The #1 demographic for UFC is Young White American Males......so even tho they might not be full on racist, they do have a bias for white fighters.

It also explains their hatred for cocky black fighters... look thru out UFC history, black cocky fighters are hated more compared to cocky white fighters ....Jon Jones is cocky, and black...bad combo for the White UFC fanbase.
This is totally stupid

The 3 highest paid American athletes are Jordan, Tiger, and Floyd. None of them are paid a salary and to win like Tom Brady. Tiger and Jordan are paid a fortune in endorsements because fans buy their merchandise. Its the highest form of approval.

Your narrative is retarded

Really. I feel lik 95 percent of what we see of Conor is a character. Im not bashing it. He knows how he needs to act in order to sell tickets.

Back