S.Peter sends msge to S.Briggs via Joel Judah!!

J71

White Belt
Reaction score
fightnews.com

Peter sends message to Briggs?
Trainer Joel Judah, who is in Las Vegas training his son Zab for his upcoming fight with Shane Mosley, told Fightnews.com that some unnamed members of Samuel Peter's entourage entered the gym he is using and began to taunt him. No Peter isn't looking to call out Zab Judah, but apparently a heated exchange almost got out of control after comments were made about Shannon Briggs, whom Judah also trains. Apparently the word had got out that Briggs was with Judah in Las Vegas and the group was looking to pay him a visit. Briggs, however, had left town the day before and was not present during the incident. "These guys came in here talking about how Peter wanted to fight Shannon Briggs and how no sick man with asthma (Briggs is asthmatic) couldn't last for long, let alone defeat Peter," said the elder Judah. "Being from Brooklyn, we don't put up with people disrespecting us. I will be honest, it got real heated but fortunately it didn't get physical. Shannon Briggs beats Samuel Peter. You heard it here first. If they want the fight they got it. Message received and we accept. Send the contract!"
Wednesday, April 23 2008

Briggs via counter right hand KO in the 4th.

I know Peter is tough, but I have never been too impressed with him....he seems to have NO movement and that scares me....

If Briggs could ever get in shape and get real serious he could be alot of folks....

I really WANT to care about the heavyweight division.

Fight doesn't sound bad. Someone is going to get KTFO. That's how I see it.

Liu, that's gotta be at Top Rank, right?

I'm not sure. Zab's been between Top Rank and another Gym.

Sam Peter usually trains down at Johnny Tocco's.

I know Peter is tough, but I have never been too impressed with him....he seems to have NO movement and that scares me....

If Briggs could ever get in shape and get real serious he could be alot of folks....

Seriously? As if Shannon is some kind of graceful Boxer? Sam has plenty movement, as he showed against Toney and McCline when he had to. Shannon as of late has been nothing more than a slow power-puncher (of sorts) with ZERO defense or gas tank.

Sam > Shannon every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Briggs needs to fight Bob Sapp. That's a fight I could really get behind.

Hell, throw Kimbo Slice in there and make it a steel cage match.

lol Winner takes on Sam Peter with weapons!

They could make that one a lumberjack match.

I'll be lying if I say I don't have a blind fascination with enormous men clubbing each other to death. I am all for it. I am all for circus. Why the hell you think I watch wrestling?

If you honestly watch Wrestling, check out the Pro Wrestling thread in the Wasteland. It's SHOCKINGLY intelligent.

Foreman/Lyle FTW. No defense whatsoever in that one.

Hey Shawn, speaking of circuses I just realized you're facing the ever-dangerous "?"

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=254476&cat=boxer

riddler.jpg

If you honestly watch Wrestling, check out the Pro Wrestling thread in the Wasteland. It's SHOCKINGLY intelligent.

I watch it, but I don't know enough about the history to actually contribute anything.

They talk current events, too.

Hey Shawn, speaking of circuses I just realized you're facing the ever-dangerous "?"

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=254476&cat=boxer

riddler.jpg

Yeah, it's a tune-up for Batman. My coaches think it's too big of a jump, they say I should fight Killer Croc or The Joker first, but I think I can take Batman.

Batman ain't shit if you ask me. Never fought anyone.

I finally got to see Briggs in person this past weekend. He is f'n huge! Seriously....he seemed a lot taller than 6'4",, and he must have weighed close to 300 lbs. Peter, on the other hand, was not tall at all, but fairly thick.

Back