ryu for halloween (need cheap gi)

futang17

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
i plan on being ryu for halloween and wanted to get a cheap gi that i can cut the sleeves off. where do you guys think i can get something like that? I looked at costume stores and they seem really cheap fabric.

how much are you wanting to spend?

The real Ryu wore Shoyoroll gis only, so, really, you're gonna have to go with that.

lol plannin a bit early arent u?

lol it's never too early to plan for halloween, it sucks being that guy who look like he bought the last costume the store had left.

about $20-30 for the costume

The real Ryu wore Shoyoroll gis only, so, really, you're gonna have to go with that.

ah.. shoyoroll..

I saw this thread the other day with a guy showing off 6 shoyoroll gi's of his.

I have never been so jealous in my life.

couldn't a bathrobe pretty much do the trick?

go to sportsauthority or similar sports store and get a century karate gi. its like 20 bux, but like tissue paper

why would you get a BJJ gi? a karate gi would be more accurate and 100000x cheaper

One thing I have heard from cosplayers is that a judo gi looks a lot less cheap and flimsy. If you're just going with anything, get a bathrobe or a karate gi. If you got money to spare, get a judo gi and try to rip the sleeves off. It would be nice if you bought a beaten, ruined gi from someone, though. After all, you have to ruin it further anyway.

Raid the lost and found at your school man.

In SFIV, he also rocks MMA bag glove (open thumb) type of gloves.

Back