Ryota Murata vs Canelo Alvarez May 2nd Japan DAZN

<DCWhoa>

Great War for Japan and Mexico.

Travel 10 thousand miles just to smoke some no name when he could make a real fight with about 4 people here or in uk....

Meh. I guess if he's going to try to get back down to 160 he shouldn't jump back in with a killer. Honestly kind of glad Saunders isn't getting a big fight.

Meh. I guess if he's going to try to get back down to 160 he shouldn't jump back in with a killer. Honestly kind of glad Saunders isn't getting a big fight.

You'd be killing GGG if he took this fight.

Rota fights to the levels of his opponents so maybe he will make a terrific showing... but I have never seen anything from him that would make me think he could hang with street beef

Are we sure it’s a fight at 160 ?

Kind of fun to see Canelo fight in Japan, anyway. Murata lacks the skill to be a real threat, that being said a gimme is acceptable after Jacobs and Kovalev. Let’s hope the september bout is a bigger one.

Maybe Canelo wants to make sure he can go down to 160 without trouble before he sets a 3rd GGG bout - for the record I’m not very fond of this option.

That's a fucking terrible fight lol

Nah. Canelo and Golovkin both fight good competition more often than not. I don't mind a stay busy fight when a guy otherwise fights killers. Especially if a guy is coming back down in weight.

Nah. Canelo and Golovkin both fight good competition more often than not. I don't mind a stay busy fight when a guy otherwise fights killers. Especially if a guy is coming back down in weight.
They've faced eachother and Jacobs.

Not like they're fighting the big 4 and prime Benitez in 5 consecutive bouts....

It was never going to happen. Saunders is one of those guys that will talk up the big fights, then defend against a Lithuanian taxi driver. No doubt he priced himself out of the fight even if there was anything in it

The more I think about it the more I like the fight. I don’t think there’s any question about who will win, but it’s not guaranteed to be a walk in the park. Murata can punch and he has the advantage of fighting in front of his countrymen, which will surely raise his game a bit. Canelo won’t have an easy time making 160 again and that could result in a sluggish performance.
I’d expect Canelo to end things inside 8 but he’ll take a few big shots before he does.

It was never going to happen. Saunders is one of those guys that will talk up the big fights, then defend against a Lithuanian taxi driver. No doubt he priced himself out of the fight even if there was anything in it
Was hoping the move to Matchroom might change things and it was more on Warren. There's still hope he'll face Callum Smith though

Eh, not really mainly because at one point Murata was GGG’s mandatory and pre-DAZN it made sense.

Now if GGG’s last fight was winning a 175lb title and then dropping back down to 160 to fight someone without a belt, then probably

Ducking Saunders. I knew it, the heat on the judges is getting too hot to face another mover. BJS too slick for ol cement feet;)

Was hoping the move to Matchroom might change things and it was more on Warren. There's still hope he'll face Callum Smith though

You’ve got more optimism than me mate. I think we’ll see smith in with eubank before bjs

Ducking Saunders. I knew it, the heat on the judges is getting too hot to face another mover. BJS too slick for ol cement feet;)
Cant remember when Canelo last fought a mover, Lara?

People hate on BJS so much they ignore how good his feet are, however those fights against Lara and Trout were many years ago, id like to see how well Canelo has evolved against a slickster and BJS is a good opponent and he’s not exactly a masterful boxer but good enough to look like one against C level fighters, im sure Canelo would adapt and take a win.

Back