Media Ryan Spann KO Dominick Reyes GIFS

Reyes "getting knocked out by a jab" needs some context. For one, Spann has very heavy hands. Secondly, the main issue is that he was moving forward directly into the punch. I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility that Reyes's chin is gone, but I need a little more evidence to be sure of it. His main problem is defense.
If his chin wasn't done before this fight, it is now.

Jeez.. that's a rough patch for Reyes. Gotta feel for the guy.

Damn, Reyes lucky he fell to the jab cause the tomahawk coming after was gonna murder someone

Never a big fan of the guy, but shit, that was hard to watch..

There needs to be a lose by 4 kos in row rule where you're foced to take at least 18 months off afterwards. Reyes is going to get knocked out putting on a sweater soon.
Once a fighters chins gone thats it, he could take 5 years off and still get knocked out by a sneeze, it doesnt come back.
Its why Dana implored Chuck to retire after 3 knockout losses in a row, it just becomes academic at that point.

That was brutal and hard to watch. :eek: It was over too right from start. What a fall from grace after the Jones fight when every Sherdogger was crying that he was robbed... good times lol! It's over for Reyes and time to retire.

giphy.gif

Gotta feel for Dom, he's in that weird spot where he reached the top of the sport so fast but lost it just as quickly. So many thought he beat Jones and most thought he was going to rightfully get his belt from Jan. Now since he's had a pretty short career he's probably only made a few good paychecks that doesn't leave him with enough to retire. I kind of expect him to fight once more so he can get one more paycheck before he starts the next stage of his life. It's a very Cody Garbrandt situation. Gotta feel for the man, dude always seemed like a chill guy.

Nah, he should stick around. Look at all the ass beatings that Hooker has gotten. He's still around, although barely

Reyes before that fight: “You’ll see Dom 2.0, my defense is muuuch better”

*gets KTFO’d in the first by a mid-tier LHW

I think Reyes is done. I think his chin is gone. He looked stiff with his footwork and shot selection, plus he was throwing naked kicks with no set-up. I thought he'd come back looking fairly rejuvenated and technical, having been the victim of a recent murderer's row. But man... if that's any indication of what he looks like going forward I'm not sure who he beats inside the Top 15. Maybe Paul Craig?

Beyond that, I honestly think him versus the winner of OSP/Gustafsson would be a good fight at this point.

from undefeated to 4 losses in a row and getting knocked out with a jab. crazy sport
Hahah a fucking JAB!

Goddard was good here but wanted a standing tko in the main event. Truly crazy sport.

Insane KO. Renan Barao levels of decline, Joe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back