Ryan Laflare out, Zak Cummings in to face Gunnar Nelson

Damn, it would've been a good fight. This will be another nice showcase for Gunnar's skills, but won't do him any good in rankings.

I'm pretty sure they asked Pyle since they were supposed to fight a year ago. Guess he wasn't ready or something.

Not only does LaFlare pulling out suck, but I couldn't have been the only one interested in Cummings vs. Robertson... right?

Semi interested, but thats an easily replaceable fight. Laflare vs Nelson isnt.

Thats the thing about these Fight Pass cards, if they catch a couple injuries to the right guys then the card is completely derailed.

As far as the co main goes lets be honest it should have been McCall vs Pickett all along.

Seemed to me that he was insinuating that all his fights had been made with the intention of building Nelson up. The LaFlare fight goes completely against that theory.

LaFlare is good but I still think Nelson was a bad matchup for him. LaFlare his no KO artist and would think twice before trying to take Nelson down.

LaFlare was a more interesting opponent than Cummins but the fact that the card is in 2 months and that they have already found a replacement, Cummins, who was already booked to fight another guy speaks for itself: they are cautiously chosing Gunnar's opponents.

LaFlare is good but I still think Nelson was a bad matchup for him. LaFlare his no KO artist and would think twice before trying to take Nelson down.

LaFlare was a more interesting opponent than Cummins but the fact that the card is in 2 months and that they have already found a replacement, Cummins, who was already booked to fight another guy speaks for itself: they are cautiously chosing Gunnar's opponents.
Laflare was probably going to be the favorite in this fight. I imagine not a lot of people were jumping up and down to fight Gunnar on short notice though. The only person available for him in the top 15 would have been Pyle. If they had the chance to book that? The UFC would have.

Meh, I'd like to see Gunni really challenged for once.

And once again, Nelson opponent pulls out of the fight.

The only time Nelson was booked against a higher ranked fighter, he pulled out himself.

And once again, Nelson opponent pulls out of the fight.

The only time Nelson was booked against a higher ranked fighter, he pulled out himself.

The life and times of Gunnar Nelson.

Doesn't matter who fights him, the outcome will be the same.

GunnarNelson_Headshot.png

Couldn't imagine there are people lining up to fight Gunnar with his unique style.

Conor McGregor vs. Cole Miller
Brad Pickett vs. Ian McCall
Gunnar Nelson vs. Zak Cummings
Naoyuki Kotani vs. Norman Parke
Tom Lawlor vs. Ilir Latifi
Cody Donovan vs. Nikita Krylov
Neil Seery vs. Phil Harris
Tor Troeng vs. Trevor Smith

Is it a Cage Warriors Fight Night card?
How much is the cheapest ticket? 25 pounds?

Fuck... I was really looking forward to see this fight.

War Nelson!

I actually waited on Cummings a few days ago. Super nice guy! And we even talked about the Robertson match up.

I'm still not on the Gunnar train yet, I think Cummings could take this

Another showcase fight for Gunnar. Don't mind his building up though. WW is too good to be only centered around ten fighters.

Conor McGregor vs. Cole Miller
Brad Pickett vs. Ian McCall
Gunnar Nelson vs. Zak Cummings
Naoyuki Kotani vs. Norman Parke
Tom Lawlor vs. Ilir Latifi
Cody Donovan vs. Nikita Krylov
Neil Seery vs. Phil Harris
Tor Troeng vs. Trevor Smith

Is it a Cage Warriors Fight Night card?
How much is the cheapest ticket? 25 pounds?

Lol, I didn't even realize the other Lawlor was still in the UFC.

War Miller, 2R sub.

i would not understimating Cummings, the guy beat Cabral who is a great fighter and one of the best grapplers in mma.
Cummings used his size advantage very well in that fight, and Nelson isn't exactly a big WW.

but yeah, Gunnar vs LaFlare was too good to be true...

Back