Ryan Hall's next fight?

He does not have the best bjj in mma. His lack of striking skills doesn't add to his jitz skill...... there is a video out there of him getting subbed by one of the Diaz bros in a jitz competition... I'm a fan and all but let's not get carried away here.

He's among the best:

• Over 300 victories in Jiu-Jitsu competition (over 275 via submission)
  • Over 200 victories in competition via triangle choke
  • 2015 Abu Dhabi World Championship Invitee
  • 2013 Abu Dhabi World Championship Invitee
  • 2011 UFC Fan Expo Toronto 4-Man Superfight Tournament Champion
  • 2011 Abu Dhabi World Championship Invitee
  • 2011 World Profesional Jiu-Jitsu Championship Qualifier
  • 2010 UFC Fan Expo Boston Superfight Champion
  • 2009 Abu Dhabi World Championship <65.9kg Bronze Medalist
  • 2009 Abu Dhabi North American West Coast Trials Professional <65.9kg Champion
  • 2007 Abu Dhabi World Championship Alternate Match Champion
  • 2009 IBJJF World Bronze Medalist (brown)
  • 2008 IBJJF World Champion (purple)
  • 2008 IBJJF European Champion (purple)
  • 2008 CBJJ Brazilian Nationals Bronze Medalist (purple)
  • 2007 IBJJF No-Gi World Champion (purple)
  • 2006 US Open Champion (purple)
  • 15x Professional Superfight Champion (NAGA, Grapplers Quest, NeverTap, US Grappling, et al)

among the best, yes, THE very best, not even close.

He does not have the best bjj in mma. His lack of striking skills doesn't add to his jitz skill...... there is a video out there of him getting subbed by one of the Diaz bros in a jitz competition... I'm a fan and all but let's not get carried away here.

that was a loooooong time ago, hes better than both diaz right now grappling wise, but yeah, hes a long shot from the best bjj guy in mma. He has a leglock approach though, that makes him very dangerous to anyone.

that was a loooooong time ago, hes better than both diaz right now grappling wise, but yeah, hes a long shot from the best bjj guy in mma. He has a leglock approach though, that makes him very dangerous to anyone.
Yeah just giving an example.... I think the fact he's such a poor striker makes people add to his jitz game.... I'd say Damion, Jacere, Werdum and Vinny all have better jitz without doubt and other guys are in the conversation

I think he stated that he's injured right now. I'm a big fan, would love to see him leave a mark in the UFC.

The bottom end of a ppv thanks to being the lnp hugging bjj master. Which skill wise is amazing but has less fight personality than those Reebok shorts.

He's not a lnp master at all. He looks for submissions very aggressively. He was fighting a much stronger guy who had trained a lot to stop his submissions. He will submit a lot of people in the right weight class.

i just like how when he fights he has fedor face

- ___-

He could possibly have the best BJJ in all of MMA. It's crazy how screwed someone is once he gets a hold of them. Dude really needs to become a scary striker to fully utilize that though. This guy isn't lay and pray like GSP, he's actually amazing to watch.

exposed Lobov...what's not to like?
LiveImpressionableFugu.gif

I'd stick him in there with another TUF guy from a different show, someone like Diego Rivas.

He needs someone at the bottom while he improves his striking

He's among the best:

• Over 300 victories in Jiu-Jitsu competition (over 275 via submission)
  • Over 200 victories in competition via triangle choke
  • 2015 Abu Dhabi World Championship Invitee
  • 2013 Abu Dhabi World Championship Invitee
  • 2011 UFC Fan Expo Toronto 4-Man Superfight Tournament Champion
  • 2011 Abu Dhabi World Championship Invitee
  • 2011 World Profesional Jiu-Jitsu Championship Qualifier
  • 2010 UFC Fan Expo Boston Superfight Champion
  • 2009 Abu Dhabi World Championship <65.9kg Bronze Medalist
  • 2009 Abu Dhabi North American West Coast Trials Professional <65.9kg Champion
  • 2007 Abu Dhabi World Championship Alternate Match Champion
  • 2009 IBJJF World Bronze Medalist (brown)
  • 2008 IBJJF World Champion (purple)
  • 2008 IBJJF European Champion (purple)
  • 2008 CBJJ Brazilian Nationals Bronze Medalist (purple)
  • 2007 IBJJF No-Gi World Champion (purple)
  • 2006 US Open Champion (purple)
  • 15x Professional Superfight Champion (NAGA, Grapplers Quest, NeverTap, US Grappling, et al)
No no no...

Ryan Hall is def one of the best american bjj guys of all time, however that doesnt mean shit.

He has not done much at black belt at all, winning purple and brown belt titles are fine and dandy but it´s not the hioghest level.

Lol even kevin casey has won the mundials at brown belt, noone is touting him as an all time bjj master.

I see him being like Maia at MW....good enough to hold his own but prone to being lit up if he can't get it to the ground

No no no...

Ryan Hall is def one of the best american bjj guys of all time, however that doesnt mean shit.

He has not done much at black belt at all, winning purple and brown belt titles are fine and dandy but it´s not the hioghest level.

Lol even kevin casey has won the mundials at brown belt, noone is touting him as an all time bjj master.

Yea, experience doesn't count for much. Good Point.

Back