Ryan Hall's next fight?

Bartinho

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Any word on what's next for the Fifty/50 master?

Not sure but I just remembered he'll be at FW. I gotta update my sig I guess.

The bottom end of a ppv thanks to being the lnp hugging bjj master. Which skill wise is amazing but has less fight personality than those Reebok shorts.

He could possibly have the best BJJ in all of MMA. It's crazy how screwed someone is once he gets a hold of them. Dude really needs to become a scary striker to fully utilize that though. This guy isn't lay and pray like GSP, he's actually amazing to watch.

Ryan Hall vs. Beneil Dariush would be an interesting fight at 155 lbs.

He could possibly have the best BJJ in all of MMA. It's crazy how screwed someone is once he gets a hold of them. Dude really needs to become a scary striker to fully utilize that though. This guy isn't lay and pray like GSP, he's actually amazing to watch.

I am a huge ryan fan, but he is very far from being the best bjj fighter in all mma.

He ain't going to last long in the UFC.

I would like to see him do well in the UFC. Genuinely a nice guy.

If he brings his striking & wrestling up, he will be one scary mo-fo. Dudes jitz is insane.

uwotm8

I hear he's still on artem's back to this day. dude never let go

Would it be to soon to see him against a guy like Brian Ortega ?

His DVDs are soo slow too. I agree nice guy though

If McGregor wins, give Hall a title shot. McGregor needs to avenge his butler Lobov, and Hall always has a chance to catch someone. Would be hilarious of Conor loses to leg lock.

The best bjj in mma can choke out Artem Lobov.

It's nice to see someone close the distance without the robotic, predictable wrestling spam. Too many fighters have a game that is too obvious. You need to use every creative ploy to get the fight to the ground, and some guys give up if they can't score an easy wrestling style take-down. Pulling guard is a perfectly reasonable thing to do if you are unable to take your opponent down. More fighters need to do it, but that would require the level of BJJ to improve in MMA. Guys come in with no primary style background, and play the MMA cliff notes game.

I am a huge ryan fan, but he is very far from being the best bjj fighter in all mma.

He's among the best:

• Over 300 victories in Jiu-Jitsu competition (over 275 via submission)
  • Over 200 victories in competition via triangle choke
  • 2015 Abu Dhabi World Championship Invitee
  • 2013 Abu Dhabi World Championship Invitee
  • 2011 UFC Fan Expo Toronto 4-Man Superfight Tournament Champion
  • 2011 Abu Dhabi World Championship Invitee
  • 2011 World Profesional Jiu-Jitsu Championship Qualifier
  • 2010 UFC Fan Expo Boston Superfight Champion
  • 2009 Abu Dhabi World Championship <65.9kg Bronze Medalist
  • 2009 Abu Dhabi North American West Coast Trials Professional <65.9kg Champion
  • 2007 Abu Dhabi World Championship Alternate Match Champion
  • 2009 IBJJF World Bronze Medalist (brown)
  • 2008 IBJJF World Champion (purple)
  • 2008 IBJJF European Champion (purple)
  • 2008 CBJJ Brazilian Nationals Bronze Medalist (purple)
  • 2007 IBJJF No-Gi World Champion (purple)
  • 2006 US Open Champion (purple)
  • 15x Professional Superfight Champion (NAGA, Grapplers Quest, NeverTap, US Grappling, et al)

I hope they build him up slow, he needs some time to close the gap between his overall MMA game and his BJJ. Lobov isn't exactly a phenom on the ground.

Back