Ryan Hall wins CBJJ Mundial

Frodo and UrbanSavage just came in and made some great points. Nice posts fellas! Thanks for saying what I'm not good enough at writing to say.

Yes this is tiresome.. I am obviously anti-american.. thats why I took the time to learn your language almost perfectly. "The Mundials are not a work-study program for poor Brazilian athletes." Don't you understand that there are no brazilian athletes at purple, blue and white at mundials because 95% of athletes don't have the money and support? That's what we need.. support for sports and social development.. but you and urbansavage (w/e the name is) can continue making ironic remarks on poverty. Of course I brought nationality to discussion, because it has all to do with where the fucking competition with money + support + sponsors is being placed.

And so just that you are happy. I hate USA. I hate Ryan Hall. lol....

"The Mundials are not a work-study program for poor Brazilian athletes."

So you are basically agreeing that Mundials are restricted to athletes with money and support, it can be a brazilian, american, chinese, vietnamese... but the only athletes with support here are the brown + black belts. And the rest cannot participate, and most quit before they get to brown belt so they can work at some other crappy job to make a living.. if they could make it to the mundials before, maybe that all could change?

How is that different from anywhere else? Ryan Hall has the monetary support of many sponsors and of special opportunities presented by his instructors. But most others don't have those opportunities, even in the USA. That you singled us out is anti-USA whether you care to admit it or not. Rather than complaining about him for winning the lottery, congratulate him for making the most of his good fortune.

Like I said, Brazil still is highly competitive in Judo even though the Olympics are being held in other countries. Why would your logic be true of BJJ and not true of judo?

just shows how idiotic and fucking mind blowing how the fuck do they put the mundials in America. Ryan Hall got like 5th in the brasileiro 1 month ago, and swept the Mundials beating 3 americans. woo hoo, let the poor suffer, Carlos, you fucking traitor

carlinhosbd3.gif

I obviously respect Ryan Hall, but don't you think its unfair that dozens of jiujitseros who are better than him are never mentioned here? I mean, its mundials today and I only saw a ryan hall thread.

Urban Savage.. yeah.. 90% of the professional JJ community shares the opinion that it is unfair for the unpriviledged.. but now that you made such a good point I think everyone should review their opinion

Go change your tampon

LOL Ok guys. You guys are born with everything you need. The jiu-jitseros here have to sell their lunch to buy dinner. Why the fuck does Ryan Hall get like 50 threads a day and the 3 guys that placed better than him at the brasileiros and did not go to the mundials get no threads? why didn't the blackbelt div get any threads? Continue the injustice... I will support the opressed.. you guys seem happy if you get to see the mundials 15 minutes from your home.. w/e..

:D
YouTube - team america music video

Yes this is tiresome.. I am obviously anti-american.. thats why I took the time to learn your language almost perfectly. "The Mundials are not a work-study program for poor Brazilian athletes." Don't you understand that there are no brazilian athletes at purple, blue and white at mundials because 95% of athletes don't have the money and support? That's what we need.. support for sports and social development.. but you and urbansavage (w/e the name is) can continue making ironic remarks on poverty. Of course I brought nationality to discussion, because it has all to do with where the fucking competition with money + support + sponsors is being placed.

And so just that you are happy. I hate USA. I hate Ryan Hall. lol....

"The Mundials are not a work-study program for poor Brazilian athletes."

So you are basically agreeing that Mundials are restricted to athletes with money and support, it can be a brazilian, american, chinese, vietnamese... but the only athletes with support here are the brown + black belts. And the rest cannot participate, and most quit before they get to brown belt so they can work at some other crappy job to make a living.. if they could make it to the mundials before, maybe that all could change?

Why are white, blue, and purple belts somehow "entitled" to go to the world championships? They're still BJJ babies. If you have the dedication to become a *top* brown or black belt, then you can expect some support, because "world champion black belt" actually means something. But OMG a blue or purple belt can't go to the Mundials, well cry me a frickin' river. I don't see the injustice, I just see a lot of whining.

this is absolutely retarded. if Ryan Hall had just been a random purple belt, no one would really be talking about him winning. but because he is also a notable no-gi champion he gets talked about.

he took forth in Brazil so clearly his win now is against sub-par competition, it could have nothing to do with anything else at all, clearly...

no matter where you hold the damn tournament people will get screwed. I'm sure we all train with someone that wanted to go but couldn't.

This thread took a crazy turn.

Yea it did, but I think it's suprisingly refresing to see people sticking up for Hall, who seems to be one of the most hated on individuals in the BJJ/sub grappling community. He's definately earne his place by busting his ass, in and outside of the gym. Props to him for finding away to market himself,a dn like Frodo said, he most definately is an inspiration to many of us newer guys to the competitive world in the sport.

While I don't disagree with Terere on a few points, like the mundials moving to America is because of money and the comp. level no question isn't as high is it was. The fact is, California in general is becoming the mecca of Jiu-Jitsu. BJJ's extreme growth is because of the MMA boom here in America. Tons of high level Blackbelts are moving here and making money for themselves because guy's like Carlinho's are making BJJ easy to access.

If you hate guys like Carlos who are expending BJJ to world levels were big money will be spent on athletes then damn you need a reality check on how life works. More Money = More Opportunities. Brasil will always be first but the rest of the world also should have the opportunity and get to experience what is special about BJJ

the popularity of BJJ in America will no doubt increase tourism in Brazil which = economy boost for Brazil.

Terere.... peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches are delicious. That doesnt mean I dont like eating burritos. Just sometimes I want to eat a PBJ. Get it?

Terere.... peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches are delicious. That doesnt mean I dont like eating burritos. Just sometimes I want to eat a PBJ. Get it?

Is it weird that agt 23 I've never had a PBJ?

unAmerican right?

While I don't disagree with Terere on a few points, like the mundials moving to America is because of money and the comp. level no question isn't as high is it was. The fact is, California in general is becoming the mecca of Jiu-Jitsu. BJJ's extreme growth is because of the MMA boom here in America. Tons of high level Blackbelts are moving here and making money for themselves because guy's like Carlinho's are making BJJ easy to access.

If you hate guys like Carlos who are expending BJJ to world levels were big money will be spent on athletes then damn you need a reality check on how life works. More Money = More Opportunities. Brasil will always be first but the rest of the world also should have the opportunity and get to experience what is special about BJJ

Yes, thanks a lot for not calling me anti-american instead of actually debating the topic.. but, thats usually what happens in sports here.. To produce social development through sports you HAVE to sacrifice the option which brings more fortune and fame. Not that Carlos would do that though..

Yes, thanks a lot for not calling me anti-american instead of actually debating the topic.. but, thats usually what happens in sports here.. To produce social development through sports you HAVE to sacrifice the option which brings more fortune and fame. Not that Carlos would do that though..

But you guys will make more money. The sport aspect of BJJ will continue to grow, which in return will have big business look for individuals through out the world. BJJ will become what MMA is now, many different individuals from many different countries reping their country. I see why you don't like it but the sport is bigger then brasil now. America is where money is made and the size of the Mundials and Pan Ams the past 2 years had 1,800+ individuals competed. Honestly, if you were Carlinhos what would you do? Make more money and have more people take part....Yes I would

Also I was at the 06 Worlds in Brasil, the atmosphere was amazing no question but the venue itself sucked compared to the Long Beach pyramid.

PS I don't think you are Anti-American :D

The negativity coming from some people on this thread is both absurd and pathetic. That you register for message boards to vent your own frustrations by attempting to demean the accomplishments of someone who does not even know you exist is simply sad. I pity you.

I barely know Ryan Hall (outside of speaking with him on a few occasions this weekend), but I fail to see what can be said as an argument to 3 international medals (2 of them gold) in the span of 5 months, particularly when one of them came in the extremely hostile competition environment that is Brazil.

"Terere:"

You are unworthy of your screenname. Your incessant whining and insults are an embarassment to your instructor, who I assume would expect better of his students. Out of curiosity, what was your result from the Brasiliero? The Mundial?

Congrats to Ryan he deserved it! He text messaged me friday day night all exicted. The kid is a phenom who works harder then anyone I know at perfecting his game.

Terere, whats your beef with Ryan? The kid is what BJJ should be all about, he's a great ambassador for the sport and one of the nicest most down to earth people you could ever meet.

Having BJJ events in America will promote the sport to a newer audience and bring more money to it, which will provide opportunities for Brazilian instructors to escape their sewer of a country in the future. Obviously, Brazilians are doing little to change their culture and support the rule of law, since the many parts of Brazil are shantytowns full of child murderers. The best bet for talented Brazilians is to have a boom of BJJ in America and then get imported to the US.

Back