Ryan Hall is the worst RANKED fighter in recent memory

lol, i don't even get what his schtick is supposed to be. like totally surprised that he's good at mma? trying to appear humble after a victory? makes no sense haha.
*like*
That's what I mean, it's really hard to know what the fuck it's about... Could be respectful, could be disrespectful lol.

I didn't want to speculate, but I think he really wants to be different. I suspect it's the reason for a lot of his quirks.

The shrug annoys me, because he's not dumb. He knows he put in hard work to get that W and master his craft.

But these thoughts probably says more about me than Ryan Hall.
*like*
Perhaps you're right, I mean that's all we can do speculate really, unless he's addressed it... It could be read in so many ways imo.

Did Aoki fight once a year against fighters that were bad or past their prime exclusively? Ryan Hall is an American sham

Lol, not exclusively

In fact, I think aoki with magic pants would have been a threat back in his prime, they took that away

Idk why we allow tons of stalling tactics but ban anything that could lead to exciting grappling

He's fought 4 times in 5 years. If you think beating those 4 guys over 5 years is top 15 then you just simply disagree with me. He has great Jitz and was funny on TUF but I like fighters because they fight not just because i like them lol. Fuckin goofy MMA fans

Who should take his place? Who else is on a decent streak? My point is youre upset a fighter being in a borderline top 15 spot in the UFC biased rankings. Its not that deep.

he’s an enigma but man I’d like to see someone like Jeremy Stephens light him up

I didn't want to speculate, but I think he really wants to be different. I suspect it's the reason for a lot of his quirks.

The shrug annoys me, because he's not dumb. He knows he put in hard work to get that W and master his craft.

But these thoughts probably says more about me than Ryan Hall.

He has tourrettes; I'm assuming the odd affect is a compensation to try to mitigate the symptoms in stressful situations (e.g., his frequent facial tics, which most people would find wtf weird to see).

He has tourrettes; I'm assuming the odd affect is a compensation to try to mitigate the symptoms in stressful situations (e.g., his frequent facial tics, which most people would find wtf weird to see).

I don't think that explains all his oddities.

Especially the shrug after his wins, which is what I was speculating on in that post.

I try so hard not to "hate" on any fighters, but with Hall I just can't help it. In grappling exchanges he's extremely exciting, a master, complete wizard and standing he's got quick feet and a variety of looks he can offer, but holy shit dude have some faith in your abilities/chin get into an exchange grab a single, actually try and pull guard instead of 0% imanari rolls where he barley touches his opponents leg and is essentially just a flop. I feel like in Pride he'd be getting slapped with yellow cards left and right. He seems like a cool dude has an everyman average joe vibe, but his fighting style makes me despise him and wish nothing but L's on the man.

Seen a few threads on him and I'm really just over this guy. Was on IG and seen a post with him calling out KZ lol. Get real. He's been in the UFC for 5 years and has had 4 fights:

Artem Lobov
Gray Maynard
BJ Penn
Darren Elkins

Its ridiculous to even have this guy in the top 15. He fights once a year like he's a champ and beats shitty/past their prime fighters exclusively. The guy shouldn't be ranked and should fight Kron Gracie next. That is all.

I personally think the ufc should fine guys that don't fight at least 3x per year...champion or not...if you don't, unless badly injured, you should be fined heavily or stripped of the title...this 1x per year crap is crazy.

He actually fought for his ranking unlike other fighters who get moved up for no reason

He's been in the UFC for 5 years and has had 4 fights:

Artem Lobov
Gray Maynard
BJ Penn
Darren Elkins
Yeah but he won them.

So while you are here saying he doesn't fight often enough - there are many other threads dissing fighters who do fight more often but also lose more often
"How the hell can you rank X top 15 when he's lost 3 of his last 4!"

Heck, there are even people saying you should throw someone off the rankings for losing a single fight to some particularly unappreciated fighter.

So that makes it kinda easy for someone with 4 straight wins against 3 or 4 known names to retain a spot in the rankings

Emmet and Moicano turned him down. He's calling out Zombie and Ige. High risk low reward so nobody higher or lower ranked than him wants to fight him.
What else can he do? He can't fight unless the other party accept.
I myself would like to see him matched up with either Bryce Mitchell or Edson Barboza.

Worst, based on how good we think he is, or based on what he's actually accomplished? I ask because Khamzat Chimaev is now No. 15 in the UFC's official welterweight rankings despite having one win at welterweight, over Rhys McKee, a career lightweight who is now 0-2 in the UFC. That has to be the thinnest resume of any ranked fighter ever, even if Chimaev is a better fighter by the eyeball test.

Hall's ledger isn't great, but all of his wins except Penn are better than Rhys McKee.

Im not taking anything away from those wins, they just arent that impressive and thats the only fights he's had in 5 years
Everybody is afraid to fight him because he looks like an insurance salesman but he's a tough puzzle to figure out. He's a little like Palhares without the steroids and with an IQ higher than 5.

Bethe Correia was ranked in the top 10 in recent memory.

Back