Ryan Hall can’t find a fight

Ryan Hall should risk it and face off against a Top 10 opponent.
But it seems like after that heel hook submission against BJ Penn, he's been kind of avoided as some sort of unorthodox submission threat.
He's always had the same submission threat with leg locks even while he was in The Ultimate Fighter and that is the reason he was avoided even before the BJ fight. But catching BJ with that heel hook, and people regarding BJ's BJJ game as elite, it's going to make people avoid him even more.

I’d like to see him fight Bryce Mitchell. I know he is ranked just below Hall but everyone can’t fight people ranked above them.

He's always had the same submission threat with leg locks even while he was in The Ultimate Fighter and that is the reason he was avoided even before the BJ fight. But catching BJ with that heel hook, and people regarding BJ's BJJ game as elite, it's going to make people avoid him even more.
I already said that exact thing in this thread.

Hall/Mitchell is the obvious fight to make. But I think Mitchell might out with an injury for awhile. I'd vote for Barboza or Stephens at this point.

Ryan Hall looking for a fight...

Ryan-Hall.jpg
damn, his crotch probably looks like an 80s party.

A shame. I've grown to enjoy Hall fight. His fight against Elkins is underrated. His striking looked pretty good and he rocked him with a spinning heel?? kick a few times. Looked really dangerous on the feet and we know his ground game is elite. Shane Burgos makes sense then everyone else should open up hopefully.

But catching BJ with that heel hook, and people regarding BJ's BJJ game as elite, it's going to make people avoid him even more.
Controversial hot take: Save those types of finishes against contenders or against champs in that weight classes. Apparently, if you pull off nasty finishes against people who are known for (or have defenses against) finishes like that, other fighters will take notice and instead of fighting you in the ring, they'll try to stall you outside of it instead.

It's an unfortunate side effect of matchmaking but this guy should have matched against someone who has great ground game in his weight class (Hell, match him up with CDF or Oliviera as a wild card test), but it seems like no one in the roster wants to fight him since it's high risk, low reward.

Match him up with Chandler or something for God's sakes.

Whatever @countswagula said makes sense here. Give him a ranked opponent like Oliviera or CDF and maybe he'll bite or something.

Can't stand watching him fight he's an exciting grappler but the flopping to his back whenever someone closes or tries to engage I hate. Should get docked for timidity imo.

Hall is a dumbass, being as low ranked as him and saying people like Frankie are ducking when they're not even in the same weight class anymore is like a prelim light heavyweight saying Stipe is ducking them. Just cut hall at this point it's clear he doesn't want to fight, and he's not entertaining when he does.

Hall is a dumbass, being as low ranked as him and saying people like Frankie are ducking when they're not even in the same weight class anymore is like a prelim light heavyweight saying Stipe is ducking them. Just cut hall at this point it's clear he doesn't want to fight, and he's not entertaining when he does.

He's plenty entertaining. Cut him? You really shouldn't be calling anyone else a dumb ass.

Any kind of leg submission is hard to pull off. Lots of guys have triangles, arm submissions and chokes. The thing about Hall is that he can pull off any of them and that makes him very dangerous. Bottom or top doesn't matter and even from standing as was shown by the BJ submission.

His striking is very unorthodox and he is hard to hit. Reminiscent of Khabib.

Guys know he is dangerous. Same reason Chimaev couldn't get a fight. A win against him doesn't mean much but a loss is very real possibility.

Doesn't Chimaev currently hold the record for the 3 quickest turnaround fights/wins in UFC history?
<TheWire1>

Why is an unranked guy calling out top 10 fighters? Especially when it's a stacked division.

Back