News Ryan Hall Assesses BJ Penn After Victory

I actually thought BJ looked pretty good until he got subbed.

I actually thought BJ looked pretty good until he got subbed.
Yeah and Hall makes a good point. The game has just evolved too much for him to keep up. Theres too much going on with todays roster and their nutrition is better as well.

I don't think a fighter doesn't know when he's over the hill. It's just that certain fighter's hills were so high in their prime they think even diminished they are still on par with current prime fighters.

IMO Hall beating Penn was a mercy killing. Now he can stop thinking it's just his standup that isn't competitive anymore and finally retire.

that's my point, he won't retire.

the whole reason why he keeps on fighting is because of delusion. just like a lot of washed up fighters.

when you're known as the bad ass guy your whole life, and all of a sudden you're not the bad ass guy anymore, it's hard to swallow.

he knew his jiujitsu sucked when he dropped Dennis Siver, got side mount, and did absolutely nothing but lay on him.

he wasn't just a step behind, he was a million miles away.

everyone saw it, but he still continued on and fought a guy who's jiujitsu is on point and reactionary skills are still viable.

point is, why would this loss be a wake up call if the other 5 losses in a row weren't?

Who will have the guts to hammerfist him after a failed roll attempt?

Say what you want about Hall as a fighter and his style, but the guy seems very respectful.

Bj has nothing left. Stop trying to make out like you beat THE bj penn you slimey little scrotum.

Penn is legit 40 years old, ton of millage and hasn't won a fight in nearly a decade.

There was no point to having him back in a cage fight, essentially a forgone conclusion he was going to lose.

Forget the game evolving, Penn is no longer a viable athlete. He got ankle picked by a subpar wrestler and his reaction time was awful. Once your timing and athleticism is shot, you just can't do this anymore.

FFS please cut BJ Penn. Enough already.

I'm a fan of Ryan Hall. Sucked to see BJ Penn lose but if someone were to submit him I don't think it's so bad that it was Ryan Hall. I know he gets shit on a bit on here but his BJJ is something nice to see in high level MMA. Maybe he'll fight Kron sometime

Him vs Kron would be amazing, although I think Kron is a better striker and the grappling is close (Kron has ADCC win but Hall has a legit amazing resume as a grappler)

Back