News Ryan Hall Assesses BJ Penn After Victory

Hall definitely made me a fan after that fight and the way he won and how he has handled himself since.

He was very respectful in the in-Octagon post fight interview. I love that kind of fighter.

I'm a fan of Ryan Hall. Sucked to see BJ Penn lose but if someone were to submit him I don't think it's so bad that it was Ryan Hall. I know he gets shit on a bit on here but his BJJ is something nice to see in high level MMA. Maybe he'll fight Kron sometime

I may be alone on this but I think Kron could actually lose to Hall. I’ve followed Kron since blue-belt and although he’s a wicked finisher and can beat Ryan, it’s not a sure thing despite submitting everyone at ADCC.

I liked it that he submitted BJ Penn.

Why?

'Cause that would mean that BJ's head wasn't scrambled again by another KO or TKO.

It was a b!tch move. Risking a legend having to retire with a limp. One you supposedly respect. Fake!

Hall is ridiculously good but people don't seem to like him. His ability to make massive leaps in small times is something to behold, went from not being able to throw a question mark kick to landing the record for amount of them landed in a fight. He could also very easily sub anyone in the UFC. Crazily, 145 ay have harder matchups for Khabib, in Hall, T-City and Kron. 145 has insane jitz.
I think it's a great idea for him to have a good kicking game. Throw every type of kick you can fuckin learn. He can get away with alot when no one wants to take him down. And if they do, we'll he want s them there anyway. If

Ryan Hall vs Demian Maia at openweight. Winner gets Alexey Oleynik.

How on earth is BJ Penn still being given UFC fights? He hasn't won a fight for about 8yrs. There are very few guys I'd favour him over and they're the very bottom dwelling guys on the roster.

He seems like a very down to earth and respectful guy, but my favorite part of that interview was "Yoel Romero'ing" being acknowledged as its own thing.

Some fighters will never admit to themselves that they are over the hill, even with clear evidence

BJ Penn appears to be one of those fighters

more like all fighters are like that.

it's more rare that you find one who is like Lennox Lewis and retires once, for good.

Ryan Hall should have taken a dive for BJ Penn - I thought the UFC was corrupt! Why couldn’t we pay him off or something!
I was thinking of the same thing. Instead of all the PR money spent to rehabilitate Turinabones Jones they should’ve bought Hall a Harley or Chevy Tahoe and let BJ have one and go off into the sunset

Last edited:
no its not you've been watching too many kung fu movies
Well it really is actually, that's kind of the whole philosophy behind it. It's about competition and testing your mind heart and skills against another man's and then going for a beer together after earning eachothers respect. It's not about bs drama, personal attacks, trash talk and fake animosity to "sell a fight", that's actually the definition of Professional Wrestling which everyone around here pretends to despise, lol.

While it's true some times legit animosity exists in combat sports and real grudges do happen manufacturing it for PPV buys is not what Martial Arts are about at there core.

I lolled when hall said ‘right after a fight no one likes a person coming over and Yoel Romero’ing them’.

Lmao. That’s a awesome line.

It was a b!tch move. Risking a legend having to retire with a limp. One you supposedly respect. Fake!

Maybe that was the best thing. Maybe he has a little bit of a limp for the rest of his life and his fighting days are guaranteed 100% over. Without a limp maybe he'll continue and get KTFO 2-3 times and that's way worse. Plus all us fans who keep getting depressed watching the debacle

How on earth is BJ Penn still being given UFC fights? He hasn't won a fight for about 8yrs. There are very few guys I'd favour him over and they're the very bottom dwelling guys on the roster.
agreed - penn fan but wtf - and dana going off on tito and oscar while allowing Penn to keep fighting.

more like all fighters are like that.

it's more rare that you find one who is like Lennox Lewis and retires once, for good.
I don't think a fighter doesn't know when he's over the hill. It's just that certain fighter's hills were so high in their prime they think even diminished they are still on par with current prime fighters.

IMO Hall beating Penn was a mercy killing. Now he can stop thinking it's just his standup that isn't competitive anymore and finally retire.

Back