Ryan Hall - An Open Letter to the Martial Arts Community

Silly Jag, I have publicly declared being a fan of your posting for a while. I just assumed you read the whole thing, it fits your e-personality. Not directed at you. :)

:redface:

Awww shucks.

If Ryan never competes in another match I'll still be more a fan and have more respect for him than any medal chaser

Thanks for sharing this.

Ryan seems like an intelligent all around good human being.

How many people are actually reading the PDF? Take the time. It's worth it for the self reflection.

It was a long read, probably one of the longer pieces I have read in a while, but it was definitely worth the time.

Fuck me. What a great read. Should be a manifesto for modern day martial arts.

I appreciate having someone like Ryan as not only a member of our community, but having the courage to speak out like this. What a guy.

Also proud to be part of the 97%.

Another thing I found interesting is that Ryan indicates that LI is part of a micro internet marketing scheme in BJJ. He mentions the "10" people endorsing each other scenario when they already agreed to behind closed doors.

Someone posted a thread a while back that linked to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rcKx9K2AE4.

This is a beautiful piece of writing that everyone needs to read every word of. It's going to take me a few days to fully process it all, but I have to say his bravery and humility is the more inspirational than anything I've seen or read in a while. This whole toxic situation has taken somewhat of an emotional toll on me--probably more than it should have, being as I'm not personally involved--and his words were exactly what I think the entire community needs to grow and learn from these awful events. I hope we can take his recommendations, and those of Tom Callos, to heart and try to do something positive.

Well written, great post by Ryan. Well worth the time spent reading...deep shit!

Was there much of a fuss in the BJJ scene when Hall left TLI?

and those of Tom Callos, to heart and try to do something positive.

What did Tom say (if I may ask - I've not really been following this since it broke).

My last hour of work was slow today so I took the time to read through the Pdf file.

Really great read - Ryan, Seph, and Kenny were really great to me while I was there. It was a great environment and I hope to make a trip back there some day.

Very well written by Ryan and good that he voiced his opinion on this.
Everyone should read this, not just every person who trains martial arts imo.

Thanks for sharing this Jagcorps_esq

Another thing I found interesting is that Ryan indicates that LI is part of a micro internet marketing scheme in BJJ. He mentions the "10" people endorsing each other scenario when they already agreed to behind closed doors.

Someone posted a thread a while back that linked to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rcKx9K2AE4.
All you have to do is look at some of their products. You can tell who is involved because they all endorse each others products and they all have the same cookie cutter website. Even the language they use is identical. It really isn't all that innovative. lloyd just took it and applied it to jiu jitsu.

Really amazing letter, just glad Ryan took the stance to say what he did.

Where did the 97% come from?

It is in direct response to something that Lloyd Irvin said about only 3% of people in the world being worth anything, the rest being losers that weren't willing to sacrifice all to be winners.

Apparently, it is a TLI common thing.

I'm proud to be in the 97%.

Back