News Ryan Garcia has sustained a serious hand injury; his Nov. 27 fight with Joseph Diaz Jr. is postponed

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be a good fight for Ryan. Better than what I was expecting actually.

Not sure who will win this one.

It should be a barn burner though.

Good fight, that Garcia is coming back, was it ever confirmed what he had mentioned about some medical condition? Mental or physical?

But JoJo is naturally smaller by 2 weight classes or so. On the other hand, Garcia got dropped in his last fight, and has always looked vulnerable, now went through some problem and has been sidelined a bit.

Diaz is a warrior and won't back but I expect Garcia to beat him without much issue. Garcia has problems, but Diaz doesnt have the style to exploit it. Cambell was able to because he was equally rangy and able to throw bit right as Garcia backed up with shit defense. Diaz won't have the range and counter ability to do so, and Garcia won;'t give him the territory to do inside work

You know a fighter is considered ready for a title shot when he faces someone in the top 5 who can punch in the same weight class. This tells me his team doesn't think he is ready yet which is understandable coming off of his mental issues this is a solid but non-dangerous opponent. I would love to see him in with Romero.

A 100% focused Jo Jo can hang with Teo, Tank and Loma

I agree this is a dangerous fight for Ryan, like I said, if a determined and focused Diaz shows up Ryan gets his ass whooped.

Ryan Garcia vs Jojo Diaz is a very good fight!!! Diaz is a very live dog in this fight and I can see him winning.

Back